View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #59
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched73 View Post
What did you actually do to fix the vibration? Other than go back to stock.

Is the driveshaft out of balance? Bent rim? Unbalanced tired?
This has been going on for years. so I have swapped:

driveshafts (had my oem one balanced, threw in a LS1 driveshaft also, now im back to OEM)
rear end (mind you, current one was inspected and rebuilt fully, axles are not bent. all new bearings, new posi, new ring/pinion.)
wheels/tires
transmission
now transmission crossmember and torque arm.

Everything that spins has been replaced minus the front stuff, but it is 100% a driveline vibration, as it is only present with the car in neutral or clutch pedal pressed down. It feels like its coming from the rear.

I find it hard to believe it is still the driveshaft, after having mine balanced and using another one from an LS car. I am out of ideas at this point. I think my last ditch effort will be to call Larry at 2nd gen engineering and see if he can diagnose it. I am 100% serious about parting out too lol. I can't drive the ****ing car. I'd be better off keeping parts I want and scrapping/parting the rest of the car and buying another one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
Dibs on the bumpers
front is decent, back one sucks

Also, I'm an idiot. I forgot to measure length for driveshaft while I was doing torque arm install. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol

Last edited by ThoR294; 09-20-2018 at 07:00 AM.
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote