View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
Paul Huryk

Brian,

Thank you for the well wishes. Life as a first time parent has certainly been flipped around with new priorities.

In the past when customers have come to our shop for products, we have done demonstrations to show technique and also what results you can expect. Thankfully Chemical Guys has been proactive with putting their own, well produced videos online to show how their products work. Griot's, Poorboys World, and Adams don't have the number of videos that CG has - but a lot of reviews and 3rd party videos of their products works to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately when you get to product lines like P21S and Sonax, it is all enthusiasts or reviewers with videos.

Truthfully most people serious about their car's appearance do a lot of research regarding detailing/cleaning products. In my experience, it is rare that (as an example) import guys - which we do a lot of those shows, don't have at least intermediate knowledge of most products out there and pretty much know what they need/want. It becomes hilarious when I do a muscle car show with old timers that have never heard of Griot's Garage and literally have a heart attack when they see the prices. Heard this one at least 20x: $10 for a big bottle of Griot's window cleaner - are you insane? I have been using vinegar and newspaper since 1964 and my windows are perfect. Ok streakzilla you do that... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
Sounds like you are off to a good start for 2016. Congrats with the new baby girl!

Have you considered offering product demonstrations or is it a waste of time with all of the tutorials/product reviews on the web?