View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenformula92 View Post
Since the OP requested info on a new part and did not say he wanted a remaned unit I responded in the context of new units only.
We also offer brand new units made by Remy.

Quote:
Remans are a crap shoot across the board. Sometimes they work like new, sometimes they are pretty close and every once in a while they don't work at all.
There is a difference between remanufactured and rebuilt. Remans only reuse the casing but get all new internals while a rebuilt replaces the failed parts and/or common issue problems.
Rebuilt units tend to be cheaper and offer shorter warranty.

Quote:
I'm not saying auto zone sells crap parts. I think the quality on remaned parts in chain stores is pretty even across the board, However in my opinion new is the way to go if you plan on keeping something forever.

You can say I'm throwing out money or whatever you would like to say but in the end I will put what I feel like is a quality part on my car and you will do the same with yours and the OP will do with his. It is all open to opinion and everyone's individual experience.
Sure, everyone wants the best parts for their car, but I've been in this business long enough to know that some things aren't worth the coin.