View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #19
evildante

Are the 305 Engine Blocks actually that good and reliable your the 2nd person who to me to keep the 305 in it because there reliable and can take a beating and still run.

I still know very little about fixing cars. Also this Camaro is 3 year older then me. LOL

For right now I will keep the 305 in it, since money is tight right now.

But the Camaro also needs to be able to move. Since someone is renting my garage out to someone who has a brand new Mustang that is a limited Edition in it.

So I right now I really need help finding out if the 305 engine in the Camaro is in good shape or not and some help fixing it up so it runs right. Because It might be in good shape right now. But if I have to keep on moving it in the shape it's in now it will cause damage to the engine over time.

Right now I rather be able to have a Camaro that runs then one that will sit.

Plus I also have to work on the car itself remove some rust and fix electrical and interior and exterior. So right now the car running is good enough for me right now.

I will consider a engine swap maybe later on down the road. When I have more money. I know that is not cheap. Since with a different engine that's not one out of a 3 gen. Camaro you will run in to issues there is a lot of extra stuff you will need like computer set up, wiring, motor mounts, new trans, new customize headers and exhaust, reinforcing the frame so it can handle the weight and HP and any other parts needed.

Last edited by evildante; 04-22-2015 at 12:13 PM.
evildante is offline   Reply With Quote