Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #103
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

AC Delete Fun

Its time to get rid of the huge ugly box in my engine bay.

from the start of this project i knew AC wasnt going to make its way into the car, so let the games begin.

Obviously the "book" way to do its to pull the dash out and remove it from the inside and then mount the plate from the inside. I, do not want to do that. But i will if absolutely needed. Ive seen a ton of pictures of ones that look like they are mounted from the outside though.

like so.

Most of images are missing from those threads so i cant be sure how it was done, but from the looks of it and reading some of it im 95% sure they AC box was cut back to the firewall, a template was made and cut. and then it was bolted up to the firewall from the outside(i would image with some sort of bead of sealer on it as well)

That is what i want to do.

Im also not 100% dead set to have heat in the car, but from the looks of it all i really need is 2 heater hoses and a vacuum line to come threw the panel. Like this, seems simple enough.

Anyone do it this way? or am i the only heathen whos giant hands dont like working with interior things?
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote