View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 12:08 AM   #55
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

whew, so I took a few hours out tonight to upload and sort out photos from the three cameras I used this past weekend. I have just got a GoPro, so I did not have the editing program. Sorry guys, videos will have to wait a day or so. I did do a bulk photo upload to flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927...57685958158483

I know it will just look like a bunch of spontaneous photos there, but ther is a story. Man! there is a freakin story. PolarBear did a great job of it, and just because I have to re-copy this narrative many places elsewhere, I will just do a full blown narrative..(in a day or two). sorry if it overlaps his. Here is a link to the quickly uploaded basic photo album, and I'll include a few cool photos too just because.

MAN!!! WHAT A COOL EVENT. Talk about putting your car through the ringer.. this is a brutal weekend for the car, and even more-so for mine because I street drove it there 3.5 hours (filled with 200+ pounds of tools/gear/etc) then hammered on it for two days in an event I was absurdly uncompetitive at, and then street drove it home with gear. (and drove it to work the next morning too!). pro built high end cars were blowing superchargers, the red c5 corvettethat was whooping my ass on the road course... it blew a throw-out bearing and was d.e.a.d.d dead.. a turbo Grand National knocked his motor down hard, a modern challenger with an actual crew team and a spandex girl had their car catch on fire. one of the racers who is frequent and sometimes runs multiple vehicles at each event had his front wheel splinter off . soem cars did not make it back from the road-rally (a cannonball run type challenge to prove these cars are street cars) anything can happen.

it is VERY DEMANDING ON VEHICLES. This is not trailering your car to a dragstrip, running, and trailing home. This is a very different animal. I will easily say that I am not fast on the road course because I have no top end horsepower with my setup, but to be hanging with these cars in the turns and bear and I during autoX and speed stop.... hell yea.. hell f'n yea

This is by far my favorite car event of the year. I had a fantastic time... the entire time. I had some low fueling issues on the speed stop, and my knock sensor would falsely sense knock, and go into LIMP MODE on the big track, but I battled through it.

IMG_7494 by David Martin, on Flickr

IMG_7498 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5700 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5714 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5718 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5719 by David Martin, on Flickr

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-31-2017 at 01:05 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote