View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 09:16 AM   #67
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
MAN!!! WHAT A COOL EVENT. Talk about putting your car through the ringer.. this is a brutal weekend for the car, and even more-so for mine because I street drove it there 3.5 hours (filled with 200+ pounds of tools/gear/etc) then hammered on it for two days in an event I was absurdly uncompetitive at, and then street drove it home with gear. (and drove it to work the next morning too!). pro built high end cars were blowing superchargers, the red c5 corvettethat was whooping my ass on the road course... it blew a throw-out bearing and was d.e.a.d.d dead.. a turbo Grand National knocked his motor down hard, a modern challenger with an actual crew team and a spandex girl had their car catch on fire. one of the racers who is frequent and sometimes runs multiple vehicles at each event had his front wheel splinter off . soem cars did not make it back from the road-rally (a cannonball run type challenge to prove these cars are street cars) anything can happen.

it is VERY DEMANDING ON VEHICLES. This is not trailering your car to a dragstrip, running, and trailing home. This is a very different animal.
This is the real test. Anyone can slap some bolts together and call it a build, but to actually make something that can be in the discussion of an "ultimate street car" is really notable.
You and James should be proud of yourself and your cars for making it out of there alive. Props.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote