View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM   #406
townsend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
Awesome, thanks Jerry. I think you are right about which video is with the # run. Cool Thanks! Always glad to have you at the track for smooth and simple guidance!

Brian: Yes , there is a chance I might take you up on that! I am just wondering about the backspacing, being that our rear axles are different width. I do have a buddy who has some taller tires/wheels on his thirdgen, and I'll gladly take a chance at test fitting a wheel from you, him, or anyone else. Also, yes, you are right about the nitrous controller, and indeed Matt is right about the Holley EFI doing exactly that. So, it does allow me to control many nitrous parameters, safeties, and whatnot. I had been used to the nitrous button before during the 5 years I had nitrous with the old TPI engine. The button is an additional item in the activation circuit, and I could easily eliminate it in just a few minutes by bypassing the wires to the button. I had initially thought that it would be "better" for me to control the nitrous via the button, but I am still getting used to it. I guess I wanted that old school rush of pushing the button and getting the result. If I can't get consistent with it, I am probably going to bypass the shifter button and just let the ecu control the nitrous. I will then set the triggering parameters accordingly.

I also gotta shift just a tad quicker from 1st gear to 2nd gear, I tagged the rev limiter just slightly in most of the passes. First gear does wick-up quick, especially on the spray, so its going to be interesting to see if I can do it.

Just ordered the Air Lift 60897 air bags, and also bought a bottle of that Geddex Burnout guard spray. I have tried waxing the rear fenders to keep burnout rubber away, but cleanup hasn't gone as well as I would like. Several people have recommended the Geddex spray, so I am willing to try it for $10.
what width is your rear axle? i have racestar 15x10's with 28 et street pros and i am not far from you, but they are 4th gen specs, which sit in waay too much on a third gen (i test fit them on a 84 z28). i have some 15x10 racestars with no tires that are 6" backspace, but they are old style that use wobble bolts/offset washers for 5x4.5/5x4.75 pattern. i would let those go cheeeaaap

as i said on youtube, nice passes. i gotta dig thru your build threads to make this 89 formula i just picked up quicker lol

2021 Charger Scat

Wrench/driver 94 Camaro Ellwein 385/D1SC/CPT 4l60e/9" slow pile

Last edited by townsend; 10-12-2021 at 02:27 PM.
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote