View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #61
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 View Post
not trying to change the fact that its done. just stating the logic behind it isn't well thought out...

you say members would 'stay out of the lounge' as if the lounge is some place drug pushers and street walkers hang out...its just a bit 'much'.

at the end of the day, them not seeing the lounge without logging in does nothing to gain more members, if anything, they will see the lounge when they sign up, and if its as much 'bs' as you say, they wont come back, regardless of what else the site has to offer - thus, all you end up with is an inflated number of members..maybe thats what you are looking for.
The powers to be are trying to balance shielding the nonsense that is the lounge from future members while at the same time trying hard not to lose the current members. Its a tough call, but I think setting the lounge to private won't hurt either side, if you really think logging in is such a hassle, well I dunno what to tell you. Seems like making a mountain out of a mole hole or whatever that is.

A new member, or potential new member odds are will be joining or stumbling across the site via a search that turned up something tech wise, not based on the awesomeness of the JSFBOA section or lounge. However, if they do then look around and see that the place is just full of whiney, nonsensical little kids... well, its adios.

I dunno, its a tough act to do, you wanna attract older, mature members who know their stuff, but at teh same time not push away the little kiddies with 4th gens.

But hell, what do I know.

Last edited by LTb1ow; 02-12-2010 at 02:42 PM.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote