View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 01:56 PM   #3
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Re: how much psi can a 3.4 take....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
how much boost do you think a stock internals 3.4 v6 can take, life expectancy of the engine doesnt matter. Â*i have a 94 firebird i bought as a parts car, however now i'm thinking to rebuild it and drive it a little, but the stock v6 will not do for me, so... i was thinking about a twin turbo setup. Â*yea, i know you may say its a waste of money, but i'd be welding all the pipes and all exhaust myself I'd use stock turbos from say an eclipse or so, Â*I'd also fabrocate a sheet metal intake manifold for it and try to utilize dual throttle bodies(only having one electronically connected) It would also have custom exhaust manifolds to allow better flow. Â*I'd also upgrade the injectors some. Â*I dont care if i blow up the engine so i figure i'll just boost whatever i can, lol Â*i just think itl be an interesting project, something not too common.
If you can weld the headers and stuff yourself, Im sure that would save an assload of money on your part. But getting it to run properly could be the problem. Id say go for it, You have nothing to loose.