View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #20
firebirdat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
What did you end up using to coat the underside? Progress looks great!
I did it in two steps actually. i scuffed up underneath with a red scotchbite pad and wire wheeled any rusty looking spots,then used chassis saver(basically like POR-15, just a single application rather then a three step process), let that dry overnight and used Medallion Rubberized Undercoating. could get you more info on it if you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAdan View Post
Nice looking 84, the body really reflects the low mileage. Glad to hear you'll be keeping the stock look.

Good job on the engine compartment and undercarriage. Cool project, I look forward to watching your progress.
Ehh pictures tend to hide alot. Its definitely in pretty decent shape for the most part, being garage kept for 18 years definitely has its perks, but its definitely not a virgin car, drivers door was reskinned years ago and driver fender painted at the same time, that door has some bubbling going on that will probably get re-skinned or junkyard door possibly, and the passenger quarter was repainted as well. but like i said overall its definitely a good looking car not show quality but in good shape. As for the stock look its going to stay that way with maybe bigger wheels and just maybe a little lower, gotta keep it tasteful

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenformula92 View Post
Looking good man
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
I know it's a big chunk of change, but the Speartech harness is really worth it.
I would also be careful in bolting the motor mounts down till you have the engine in there and sorted out. I have the problem where the engine is slightly angled which caused some issues with the ds and trans lining up.
I believe Firebirds have an electronic pick up on the trans earlier than Camaro, so it's easier to play with gauges than on Camaros.
I have noticed the engine is slightly angled little worried about that but like you said nothing is bolted down permanently until i get my hands on an overpriced T56, almost as if the engine is tilted in the cross member, took a bit of a struggle to get the passenger side bolt through, might be cause theres no transmission on there but i shall see eventually. What type of issues did you run into with yours that i should be on the look out for? gotta find your thread on here if its still around. As for the gauges i believe i am SOL, if i recall that magical goodness started in 87 correct me if im wrong, not 100% on that i recall reading it somewhere