View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 09:06 PM   #470
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

very good point. I will certainly do exactly that on Sunday when I get back under the car to tighten a few things after some heat cycles. Thanks man, you are right.. if those threads got boogered up by something, it would indeed be a bad day.

During the exhaust project I installed a second oxygen sensor bung so I could visually monitor the passenger side exhaust gasses of the engine. Prior to this, I only had one o2 sensor and it was in the drivers side header, which is all the holley sniper ever needed.* *So, I bought a 3-pod a-pillar gauge cluster and installed an AEM afr gauge (with its wideband sensor), an oil pressure gauge, and a nitrous pressure gauge. Turned out good, I like it.

Next, is the rear drag wheels and tires. I think I am 95% settled on what I want to order, but I figured I would run it past the group first.*

Wheels:*
-Since my front drag wheels are the 15" Jegs SSR star wheels, I will be going with a matching Jegs SSR star rear wheel. I don't need a 10" wide rim and the headaches it may cause on my lowered car with inner wheel clearance. So, I think the 15"x8" wheel is what I will buy.* As for backspacing, there are only two choices, either 4.5" or 5.5" backspacing.* I like a wheel with a deeper dish as opposed to the look of the face of the wheel outboard. Running the numbers and measuring puts me doing good with a 4.5" backspace but 5.5" might be a little tight around the parking brake mechanism. I have those C4 corvette style brakes (Lt1 style ??), so they are larger than stock.* just for the heck of it, I bolted up one of the 15" jegs front-skinnies and played around with the spacing/measurements. It might be tight, but I think it will work.

4.5" backspacing*link:*https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/680272/10002/-1
or
5.5" backspacing link: https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/680278/10002/-1

Tires:
My current MT ET Street SS dot tires are on the 16"x8" iroc wheels and are a 255/50/16, which are about 26" tall.* *I am looking for a 28" drag tire that will help stretch out my gears at the top end of the track, and since the MT ET street SS rubber has never let me down, it would make sense for me to stick with that tire, just in a 28" tall version. I have probably close to 80-90 dragstrip passes and 500plus miles of street driving on these tires and they are not really too worn down, so a new (taller) taller set will get me a couple years of use. I think anything else, like those et street radial pro or the hoosier radials is overkill for my car and despite being stickier, would wear down within a*year of use. Most of those tires are on backorder too, yet this ET street SS tire is available to purchase/ship right now.* So,* The 28" tall MT ET street SS tire I would get would be the 275/60/15.*
link:

https://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thomps.../3453/10002/-1

I plan to sell the current IROC-Z wheels with current mickey thompson drag radials in a few weeks once the new wheel package is good to go, so if someone wants a pair of oem iroc wheels with sufficient rubber left on a set of well proven drag radials, let me know and I will sell them to you at a fair price, but not interested in shipping them

Last edited by IROCZman15; 02-25-2022 at 09:26 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote