Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
V
Stalker

injector question

My friend wants to know if 28lb stock LS1 injectors can be replaced with 30lb ones? motor is a cammed ls6 w/full exhaust. Or should 32lb ones should be used? or are the stockers fine? it will be getting tuned after the cam/injector install. Also are accel injectors good or ford motorsport ones?
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

AFAIK, best bet with injectors is to get the fueling sorted out, then see what the duty cycle of injectors is. If it's up too high (85-90% is getting pretty high), then he'll want to look into getting injectors. This would be if it's just mild upgrades. Obviously you'll need more injector if you are building a beast of a motor.

Correct me if I'm wrong Bill.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

just make sure you check what those injectors are rated at, the stock 28lb are rated at 58psi of fuel pressure whereas those 30#ers might be rated at 43.5psi which means they are more like 38lb injectors. Also some people have problems with the SVO's, but then again some people have problems the racetronics 42# so its kinda a crapshoot from what I've seen. Also if your friend does put in a 30# injector that turns out to actually be rated at that lower fuel pressure meaning its a 38#er and drives his car to get tuned he could potenially damage the cylinder walls because of too much fuel being dumped in. I can do a rough injector calibration for him for $20+mileage but I'd need to know what pressure the injectors are rated at to accuratly do this, from there he can bring it to whatever tuner he so chooses or if he ends up using me the $20 gets credited towards a full tune.

lata
Bill
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
V
Stalker

ok i looked into a little more, no websites really post the psi ratings so ive emailed Accel about theirs and i should know by tomorrow or so. Maybe tongiht i'll email a few others and call thunderracing tomorrow. He really just needs any injectors. His are to be considred gone, junk, and unuseable. Stock 28lb ones would probably be fine, BUT buying new OEM ones are not worth the cost IMO($610) so aftermarket ones seem to be a reasonable alternative. And Bill, once the car is up an running or even right before(car can be towed to you), i can
guarantee you will be hired to tune it.

Last edited by V; 06-28-2006 at 07:27 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #5
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

you can pick up stock 28lbers for $50-100 for the set usually on ls1tech...i see at least a set a day for sale over there. But he'l probably run out of injector with stockers if he's doing a cam.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning