Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-06-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
tastyle88

paced my a--!!!!!!!

got pulled over yesterday by a state trooper who said he paced me????? how can he pace me if hes 5-10 car lengths in front of me in the fast lane???then he writes me up a ticket for 80 in a 65 wtf???? im not a wise ass and i try to stay out of trouble but when he handed me my ticket i told him thanx for an early unwanted christmas gift !!!!!!! ive got nothing against cops but this guy was a real ahole. he told me to get up to speed when i get off the shoulder so i did by leaving a few strips in the caddy lol. he put my court appearance date as 1/05/05 lol that was almost 365 days ago he also messed up on a few other things.needless to say i will win this case!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

To pull someone over via "pacing" method..... there is a piece of paper that must be filled out by the officer that refernces the speedometer being accurately checked before and after.

If the officer can not provide this piece of paperwork... then it is thrown out
Old 12-06-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
jims69camaro

i wonder if you should even bother to talk with the prosecutor. just ask the judge to dismiss the ticket based on the officer's mistakes. if that doesn't work, then ask to see the documentation regarding the officer's vehicle. if it's not up to date or nonexistent, ask for a dismissal.

also, make SURE you call to tell them that you are pleading not guilty so that they know the officer has to be there. if he is not there, then you can ask for a dismissal on that point, too, but only if you let them know ahead of time.

p.s. remember, they have the burden of proof as to your guilt. admit to nothing and make them prove it.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

well the court date says 05' just wait untill the date
Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

U might not win it. I got a ticket once and the police officer wrote my Name wrong on it and wrote that i was going North when i was going south and i still got screwed. But, i hope it works out for u. I just got a notice from Albany saying the reconized my plea of not guilty and will send me a leter in the mail as to when my court date is. Mind u i pleaded not guilty 4 mnths ago.
Firebird67dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #6
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird67dude
U might not win it. I got a ticket once and the police officer wrote my Name wrong on it and wrote that i was going North when i was going south and i still got screwed. But, i hope it works out for u. I just got a notice from Albany saying the reconized my plea of not guilty and will send me a leter in the mail as to when my court date is. Mind u i pleaded not guilty 4 mnths ago.
NY is slow like that. but dont worry cause NY is much more leniant and the fines are tons less. trust me i've gotten more tickets then years i've been on this earth. literally
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #7
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28
NY is slow like that. but dont worry cause NY is much more leniant and the fines are tons less. trust me i've gotten more tickets then years i've been on this earth. literally

Yea but i already got 6 points. And the trooper told me its a 6 point ticket. But when he pulled me over i had the 17 in rims on the back with the 315s em n he said its probably just bcuz of that so i played dumb and had him explain y to me. So i had my boss write up a recipt saying i got new tires for the stock rims and got the speedo reclaibrated so hopefully myb he'll be nice n just let it go.
Firebird67dude is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge