Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
emolineaux

power steering reservoir question

does anyone make a power steering reservoir for the ls1 fbody cars that mounts to another location besides on top of the pump? im having a problem with the damn o ring inbetween teh reservoir and pump going bad and leaking fluid. this will now be the 3rd or 4th time i have to take it apart.
emolineaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Jensend

You might want to consider looking into the Turn 1 power steering pump. It's designed for extreme duty applications and can be ordered with either the stock diameter or an under drive pulley for high RPM applications. Mine has worked perfectly for the last 5 years for both street and HPDE use.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
NjbadSS

I am having the same exact issue. If you come up with a solution please do keep me posted. Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
V
Stalker

i had the issue, took the reservoir off, and first cleaned everything real good.
i went to a local auto parts store and bought a assortment of various size o rings.
i then chose the closest size replacement. Installed it after putting a small dab of black rtv silicone on the ring and smearing it around. i let it sit overnight, them filled it the next afternoon. no issues since.
V is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech