Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Mark B

GM & Ford added to 700 billion bailout?...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27607725

01 GMC Sierra C3 6.0L, AWD, Westers Tune, K&N, Hella LED Tails
03 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, GMPP Handling Kit, LS1 F-Body Brakes
Mark B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

For economic, especially from an employment perspective, the government needs to extend some sort of loan to assist the big 3.

My issue with this is that these companies are asking for a hand out, but only here in the US. If these companies can manufacture parts and vehicles in 30+ countries and sell in 100+ countries, I believe they are capable of asking the whole world to pitch in and stave off some of the catastrophic loss of jobs that seems to encompass the globe.

-Tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
BigAls87Z28

Yes, but the rest of the world is saying that GM is America's problem. We will just buy up whats left when it dies.

The playing ground is no longer level. It hasnt been for 20+ years. Every other country supports and props up its auto industry.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Hell, government support is how the Jap manufacturers got to where they are today. Part of the tax on every car sold in Japan goes back to the manufacturers as grants for product and technology development.

I do think GM is the manufacturer is the best position to level the playing field on their own. They are just failing to put the money into marketing required to get the job done.

My greatest fear is that the government listens to the union stooges and tries to put more punitive tariffs on automobile imports. Every time they have leveled tariffs in the past, the unions use the extra per unit margin as a way to leverage even more outrageous salaries for the broom pushers and robot watchers.

-Tim

Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
My greatest fear is that the government listens to the union stooges and tries to put more punitive tariffs on automobile imports. Every time they have leveled tariffs in the past, the unions use the extra per unit margin as a way to leverage even more outrageous salaries for the broom pushers and robot watchers.

-Tim
Reason #453 why I hate unions. The UAW doesn't give a damn about the companies they work for, they want to line their own pockets. Pretty soon they won't have any companies to extort money out of.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Don't worry, they will still find time to blame you and I when their jobs get sent over seas or outsourced.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
Frosty

True!
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge