Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 05-13-2005, 11:51 PM   #1
Fozzi58

My how things have changed since my prom!!!

I graduated HS in '91. I didn't think things have changed THAT much until tonight. When I had MY senior prom, we drove to "Sleaze" Side Heights, got a room for a weekend. Drank a ****load, had sex with our girlfriends, drank some more, threw up on our girlfriends and went to bed at 8am.

I'm in Cheesecake Factory in Willowbrook tonight...and there are kids there that just came from their prom?!? Doesnt anyone have a beer and get to 3rd base anymore? Things have changed a lot since I was 17, or maybe I just didn't realize that the teens are more mature. Can this be true?

Not flaming on anyone - just kinda surprised that you go to Cheesecake Factory after the prom instead of a parking lot to drink or a hotel to get laid. But don't get me wrong - now that I'm a parent I'd feel much better knowing my daughter was at Willowbrook Mall than on her way down the shore with a BF who was just as much of a pig as I was when I was 17!!!
Kooks stainless stepped headers, Off-Road Y, Cat Delete; Borla adjustable; MTI air-lid; LSX 90mm intake and TB; TA rear girdle and 3.73's, SFCs; BMR STB; PowerSlots w/ Hawk Pads & braided lines, chrome, embroidery, mirrors, vinyl, lights, Oem Replica Z06's on F:275/35/18; R:285/35/18's, and other aesthetics.

New Project: 89 Formula 350, T's, A4 - Rust & neglect mods by previous owner.
DD: 08 Avy. Best car I ever owned.
Fozzi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #2
ShitOnWheels

Re: My how things have changed since my prom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzi58
I graduated HS in '91. Â*I didn't think things have changed THAT much until tonight. Â*When I had MY senior prom, we drove to "Sleaze" Side Heights, got a room for a weekend. Â*Drank a ****load, had sex with our girlfriends, drank some more, threw up on our girlfriends and went to bed at 8am.

I'm in Cheesecake Factory in Willowbrook tonight...and there are kids there that just came from their prom?!? Â* Â*Doesnt anyone have a beer and get to 3rd base anymore? Â*Things have changed a lot since I was 17, or maybe I just didn't realize that the teens are more mature. Â*Can this be true?

Not flaming on anyone - just kinda surprised that you go to Cheesecake Factory after the prom instead of a parking lot to drink or a hotel to get laid. Â*But don't get me wrong - now that I'm a parent I'd feel much better knowing my daughter was at Willowbrook Mall than on her way down the shore with a BF who was just as much of a pig as I was when I was 17!!!
Every class has the group who go to Seaside or some other shore town and get laid and party. Every class also has the other groups...those who go to post prom at the school (if they have 'em...we did), those who go to friend's houses to party, and those who go straight home.

I was the "go to post prom" group. All 3 proms I went to, that's what we did. After post prom we went behind the elementary school (and talked...I'm being serious, that's all we did), to the airport (again, only to talk), and then went home around 6am. The 3rd prom we went back to his house after post prom.

I graduated in 2000. I went to the 3rd from in 2003. It's just how things work...you've got your different groups whose ideas of prom differ.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
maroman88
12 Second Club

i graduated last year....we had the after prom party at friends house then the entire class went to wildwood for 3 days....cheesecake factory was soooooooooooo 8th grade dance lol
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:48 AM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

When I graduated 2 years ago, I went down to seaside but we got their at 3am and my sister was my friends date and my girlfriend was on the rag. So basically it conisted of checking into the hotel and passing the **** out. I wish I could do it all over again differently.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:08 AM   #5
enRo
13 Second Club

I ain't racist but this is what happened...

I went to my junior prom at the wayne manner. Sat down at the table with my girlfriend for about five minutes, waiting for my friends to show up (i took the stretched caddy, they were getting pics taken) We all got a table together that seats 10. 10 minutes into the prom, a bunch of black gangsters and their girlfriends (the girls went to my school, not the guys) and KICKS US OUT OF MY TABLE. The people who arranged the seating ****ed up, and we were left with nowhere to sit. So we went home, went to school the next monday, and bitched. I got reimbursed for the limo, the tickets, and got free Senior Prom tickets. Although, i never made it to my senior prom LOL.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:49 AM   #6
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

I graduated in 2001, and like someone already said, every class has their seaside people, their diner people and then the people who probably just go home. My date and I went to a diner with a bunch of my friends, stayed at my house that night (Pretended like we had a hotel ) and went to Knoebels the next day, which was a whole lotta fun actually.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #7
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Re: My how things have changed since my prom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzi58
When I had MY senior prom, we drove to "Sleaze" Side Heights, got a room for a weekend. Â*Drank a ****load, had sex with our girlfriends, drank some more, threw up on our girlfriends and went to bed at 8am.
Thats exactly how my after prom went. Well, except for the throwing up on my girlfriend part....I made it to the bathroom 8)
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #8
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Well...... I went to prom... in the 1900's.....

Went to the shore Saturday morning......

Came back on Wednesday?

Me...... and 6-7 girls
Old 05-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #9
Teds89IROC

I went to three proms. The first one we went into the city afterwards(and we witnessed my friend have sex with his girlfriend in the third row of seats in the stretch navigator ahaha) Second prom we went back and had a little party at my g/f's house..it was me and her, and 2 other couples. (Never forget that night ) Third prom was fun, but we did nothing afterwards because my g/f at the time had to be up early the next morning for softball. We went back to her house and went to sleep.

~Ted
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #10
Teds89IROC

BigDaddyKane, this is what I think of after reading your post..."Can we dance wit yo' dates" -Animal House

~Ted
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:03 PM   #11
its Jeanne-Marie
Home Breaker

junior year i was a rebel...so my best friend and i decided to skip prom and just meet everyone down in LBI....from what i heard about the prom, we had the right idea. plus we got to spend the weekend trashed with our friends...which we aaaaall know that's the only reason anyone goes to prom in the first place....

senior year i gave in, and went to senior ball. it was fun, but again, we couldn't wait to get down to sleeeeeeeeazeside (i definitely agree with you on that one, hehe) and have our 72 hour straight drunkeness...and of course, everyone in my school ended up staying at the same hotel...which meant...fights and drama for everyone!
the guys from my school didn't exactly get along well with the guys who were there i guess from another prom or whatnot....one guy i grew up with got mad cause some other guy was hitting on one of our friends.......laid the kid out right in the hallway.....blood all over the walls...oh yes, gotta love north jersey tempers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
I'm gonna start calling JM "sunny," because she is SO FRIGGIN' HAWT!!!!

JM FTW!!!
its Jeanne-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #12
90FormulaWS6

don't worry nothing has changed since you graduated... i went to prom and right after prom me and about 30 people rented 3 houses in wildwood right next to each other... we went down with $1000 worth of liquor and were drunk for the entire memorial day weekend... to this day is still the greatest weekend of my life for many reasons
90FormulaWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #13
Kojak

i went to two cenior proms, the first one was fun me and a few freinds hung out afterwords then the next day me and a few other freinds went to Sleaz Side. We diddnt stay because it was ****y weather. Â*
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* The seccond prom i went to was with one of my brothers girlfriends friend, she thought i was hot (no one can resist the kojak Â*HA!) Â*well after that prom i went down to the shore with her and her freinds and stayed for the weekend. Â*I had a strait solid buzz the entire weekend...
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:10 PM   #14
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

I went to two proms, the first one I was completely drunk the entire two days afterwards, the second one, I can actually remember some stuff that went on
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #15
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

My prom sucked, came home, hung out at post prom, took my date home, went to bed for 2 hours, then went waterskiing all day Saturday.

Only good part was driving my bosses '66 Caddy deVille 'vert around all weekend Â*

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:09 AM   #16
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
My prom sucked, came home, hung out at post prom, took my date home, went to bed for 2 hours, then went waterskiing all day Saturday.

Only good part was driving my bosses '66 Caddy deVille 'vert around all weekend Â*

- Justin
I will attest to this prom sucking. It coulda be a great prom///but it all got screwed up. lol
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:47 AM   #17
Fozzi58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I went to two proms, the first one I was completely drunk the entire two days afterwards, the second one, I can actually remember some stuff that went on
Yeah, that's what happened on my first Prom...I remember SOME stuff.

Well I feel much more relieved after reading these posts. I gues those kids in Cheesecake factory were the exception to the standard. Keep up the good work!
Kooks stainless stepped headers, Off-Road Y, Cat Delete; Borla adjustable; MTI air-lid; LSX 90mm intake and TB; TA rear girdle and 3.73's, SFCs; BMR STB; PowerSlots w/ Hawk Pads & braided lines, chrome, embroidery, mirrors, vinyl, lights, Oem Replica Z06's on F:275/35/18; R:285/35/18's, and other aesthetics.

New Project: 89 Formula 350, T's, A4 - Rust & neglect mods by previous owner.
DD: 08 Avy. Best car I ever owned.
Fozzi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:05 PM   #18
JPiZZiJP

I didn't go to my proms.

Any ladies want to offer some sympathetic comfort for me? :P

~Joe
JPiZZiJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:14 PM   #19
SteveR
I <3 sheep

I did the Seaside thing. Stayed awake for 4 days, drunk, 1/2 naked stumbling around the boardwalk or in one of our hotel rooms, and came home wearing someone elses clothes. Also came within inches of being run over by the beach combing tractor. We had around 20 people go with us so it was pretty entertaining to say the least
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:04 PM   #20
ProtekYoNutz

graduated last year and well there was post prom but ppl hit the beach after....well ecept me...i hit the back yard by the pool with my friends... and Mr. Screwdriver o the fun from that night

yeah everyone knows my car is a pos but thats ok...im still better than you!
ProtekYoNutz is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey