Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Sphinx

Window Tint

Alright, I am starting to wonder about window tintage. It seems like everyday i see more and more f-bodies with there passenger and driver side windows tinted, even saw one that was so dark i could not see anyone driving it. I have always wanted my windows tinted, but this wonderful state we live in tries to keep us away from anything that looks even remotly nice. But even though others have there windows tinted, i would get pulled over for thinking about it, just my luck. Was just wondering if anyone knows the exact law, someone said to get factory smoked glass or something, but i would rather tint it myself. and if anyone has tint and is not hassled let me know. I feel that if i do tint them, and i dont bring attention to myself i will be alright. But who knows.
89' Camaro RS 350
87' Pontiac Firebird Formula 350 TPI
93' Cavalier Z24! Daily Driver
Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
BobonaStick
15 Second Club

I know that with the law in this great state of "Hell Jersey" You can make the rear windows as dark as you want... but the most that a normal cop will let you get away with is 30-40% The Law itself states that it is illegal to tint any of the foward windows, execpt for those vehicles in which come with it from the factory...

I had 40% Tint on my LT and never really got bothered execpt for inspection...
2003 International 4300 - DT466 A5, Jerrdan 21' Rollback, Shiny Simulators.. Bling Bling Rattle Box
- iLLmINDED oNE -
BobonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
ALLMACK

Quote:
I know that with the law in this great state of "Hell Jersey" You can make the rear windows as dark as you want... but the most that a normal cop will let you get away with is 30-40% The Law itself states that it is illegal to tint any of the foward windows, execpt for those vehicles in which come with it from the factory...
thats seems correct i had my back tinted to "LIMO" to hide my amp but found out the factory tint on side windows was already ay NJ max.
here is a link
http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html
Old 01-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
OneFast383

i had double 5% on my neon when i was in jersey and it made 2.5% visibility and it was a black car..... knock on wood didnt get pulled for it once
OneFast383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
V
Stalker

NJ law is NO tint on front windsheild and NO tint on any windows directly to the right and left of the driver(door glass/front door windows in 4 drs). in 4 door cars, back door windows and rear hatch, cargo doors etc can have ANY tint, hell you can paint them black if you want. If you get a ticket for tints in the back, go to court. its fully legal. Oh and you cant have any banner or sticker on the front windsheild at all, no matter if its above the factory tint strip. ive dealt with tint laws a lot, even had my STS and SS fully tinted on the sides 5%. In some medical cases, front tints are LEGAL but are in regards to sun-sensitive skin conditions and optical photosensitivity. I actually had a doctors note to allow me to have it, worked pretty good too. hehe
V is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance