Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 01-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
kaoskreater94

engine swap

i have a 94 camaro 3.4L V6 engine, and i have the possibility of getting an LT1, has anyone ever swapped the two? and if anyone has,was it hard to do, is it possible to do in a weekend if i had a couple of guys to help me? and what kind of problems did you run into? any advice or suggestions would be greately appreciated.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #2
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

theres a few people on ls1tech.com that did it i beleive... i dont know anything really on it personally so dont wanna steer u in the wrong direction but go search it up there and hopfully u can find some information

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
Mike
BadMod

the only way its financially worth it is if you have a complete donor car....you will need all the wiring, motor, trans, driveshaft, rear.

plus you will want the v8 brakes and suspension..

lt1 cars are available so cheap these days you might as well just leave your v6 as it is, keep the miles low, and save up a little money, then sell it and buy a lt1 car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike
the only way its financially worth it is if you have a complete donor car....you will need all the wiring, motor, trans, driveshaft, rear.

plus you will want the v8 brakes and suspension..

lt1 cars are available so cheap these days you might as well just leave your v6 as it is, keep the miles low, and save up a little money, then sell it and buy a lt1 car
i'm with him. Read a lot of threads on CZ28 and such where most people basically say. Its more of a pain and money then its worth.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning