Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Fishing for my information

So this morning my mom woke me up telling me that there is someone on the phone for me, I answer and on the other end this woman named "Melissa" who sounded strung out on crack told me she was from a third party collections agency for master card. She said I had an outstanding balance of $900 and that she needed to collect it. She asked my SS#, and D.O.B. I then said to her that I was sorry that I just woke up and asked what her name was and where she was calling from. I was pretty awake and aware but something didnt seem right. She told me she was Melissa from a third party collections agency from Capital One. *DING DING DING* make up your mind! I asked her who she was looking for and she said "YOU" I asked her "Who Am I" and all she said was Jon...Jon Who? she pauses...jon.....mayer or lebank (or something along those lines) she continues that I have alot of aliases. BULLLLL****TTT I call her out on that and then asks if my D.O.B. was Feb 12 1950. heh NOPE..she asks how im gonna pay the bill again and i told her to put it on my tab. at this point of the convo im extremely pissed. I get an out of area call and shes trying to scam the **** outta me so she can go get high for the next few days. I asked to speak to a manager or a supervisor and they were at lunch...AT 8:30 in the ****ING MORNING! I said well can I have the number so I can call them when they are done with lunch she told me that the manager doesnt deal with customers. OKAY! She then had the balls to ask me AGAIN how I was gonna pay. I said well send the bill to my address, and what address do you have down for me? she pulled something outta her ass down in Mt.Holly and i just started laughing. She couldnt tell me how she got my phone number she said she searched because I have alot of aliases. Anyways there was no way of getting any info since i got so pissed i hung up and she wasnt gonna give me anything anyways. I was scared for the first split second because she said there was illegal activity on my account, there wasnt any until the unsuspecting person gives out their info and she steals the numbers. So beware, this **** is serious and can happen to anyone. make sure you and the people you know keep a cool head and dont let it happen!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
jola

that's pretty crazy. glad you had your wits about you.

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
bad64chevelle

Yeah, its really sad that the world has to be like that. I mean if youre gonna try to scam someone, try to make it official as possible ya know. She F*cked up within the first 30 seconds, and it was mostly a game for me for the next 8minutes i spent on the phone. I was gonna put her on hold for a while, eat some breakfast and then go back to her but I got too pissed off and just ended the call.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
I answer and on the other end this woman named "Melissa" who sounded strung out on crack
it was me.... (kidding)

wow, good job keeping your head up jon. fake email is easy to spot, but i imagine fake phone calls will really mess with a few people.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
LuvMyF8LWS6

Social Networks:

I'm glad you figured her out! That's crazy!
2017 NHRA All Access Challenge Winner -Etown
2018 January Cover Summit Racing
2018 International Women of Motorsports Inductee
LuvMyF8LWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

it would be a good idea to talk to the cops so there is at least a report about this. if they have your name and phone number it is possible that they already have other information of yours.
starting a paper trail now will be helpful if any problems do in fact pop up in the future.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #7
Dark_Knight7096

Its times like this I'd bring up all the fun new stuff I just charged on my credit cards. "Was there a problem with the 2 Bushmaster AR receivers I just purchased? How about the 2500 rounds of surplus 5.56 ammo? No problem with either huh? Maybe I should come to your office to discuss the matter in person." Lol, either that or have brian pick up the phone right jon, lol. Jon speaking of the bushy AR I just bought, we are makin another range trip REAL soon!

2013 Mini Cooper S
2011 Harley Davidson FXDWG
Dark_Knight7096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
enRo
13 Second Club

Well, its a good thing you werent dead tired and just gave out your info. You shoulda said your SS# was 666-187-7001 and DOB was 1-1-1998 ... she might be strung out on crack so she mightve taken it seriously But yes its a good thing u figured it out before it got real ugly
Old 06-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #9
bad64chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva
it was me.... (kidding)

wow, good job keeping your head up jon. fake email is easy to spot, but i imagine fake phone calls will really mess with a few people.
haha i knew that was coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyF8LWS6
I'm glad you figured her out! That's crazy!
Thanks, yeah I was pretty shocked it happened too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
it would be a good idea to talk to the cops so there is at least a report about this. if they have your name and phone number it is possible that they already have other information of yours.
starting a paper trail now will be helpful if any problems do in fact pop up in the future.
They have my number but not my real name, just a first name. Im gonna talk it over with a cop buddy of mine and see what he thinks, i didnt think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight7096
we are makin another range trip REAL soon!
Just let me know when Marty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane
Well, its a good thing you werent dead tired and just gave out your info. You shoulda said your SS# was 666-187-7001 and DOB was 1-1-1998 ... she might be strung out on crack so she mightve taken it seriously But yes its a good thing u figured it out before it got real ugly
Yeah, nothing seemed to be adding up when she was talking to me, and I mean she spoke to me in a monotone, and non energetic/friendly voice which most of the time you would think these people would have if they were searching for $900. Who knows though. Something just struck me as being a little off when the convo started.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
this woman named "Melissa" who sounded strung out on crack
did you give her my number?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
Tsar
MIR

ehh no one knows my home phone number.

next time say u gonna send them a 10000 chashiers check and tell them to keep whatever u owe and send the rest to you.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge