Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 10-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
AJP1987

Dogs it in 3rd

Whats up guys i cant figure out if i have a fuel or timing problem. The car is a monster in first and second but as soon as i slam third it just bogs and then accelerates slowly and sometimes it feels like it has a miss. Im running 3.27s so i expect 3rd to be pretty long anyway but i cant even get traction in 1st or 2nd weather it be easing into it or just romping it. how the hell can the car loose power in 3rd but be smooth in 1st and second. also the throttle response in 3rd is all over the place if i punch it at 2500 rpm it might stand up and go, or it might dog it, whereas it is fine in other gears. it seems to pull harder if you ease into the pedal gently gradually putting it to the floor. the plugs are fine, injectors are fine, but the driver rear tuned port runner is a little caved in. any thoughts???
AJP1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning