Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Had to go to the hospital earlier ....

I was pulling the exhaust off the car earlier and either rust, a burr, dirt or some alien form of debrit got in my eye. I proceeded to wash it out for 15 minutes according to OSHA standards but then I was forced to seek medical attention.

I couldn't even open it. The gave me a tetnus shot, numbed it with some kind of eyedrops (I think it had to be liquid cocane) cause it felt wonderful after that, and cleaned it out. They also said I scratched my cornea a little (but not cause for too much concern) and gave me antibiotic eyedrops.

Got back home, made sure to grab my safety glasses, and had them on each time i got under the car after that, and will continue to do so.....

I hope my health insurance covers most of it cause I dont have the money for this crap...

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
Fast92RS
Power Member

That sucks. Its a pain wearing safety glasses sometimes but you gotta find a nice comfortable pair and wear them always when your working.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

I have to wear safety glasses at my job, so I'm used to wearing them. And I always try to have a pair on hand if I'm going under a car. As you found out, ya never know what can/will fall in your face.
Hope yer OK otherwise.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
I have to wear safety glasses at my job, so I'm used to wearing them. And I always try to have a pair on hand if I'm going under a car. As you found out, ya never know what can/will fall in your face.
Hope yer OK otherwise.
im ok, just a little irritated. Starting in a week safety glasses will be required at all times at my work also. We are bring our safety standards up to code.

Ill get used to wearing them........ i dont wanna feel that pain again anytime soon

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

I had a pair of AO virtua's when I was at school. very light and comfortable. I bought them for less than 5 bucks and it was definitely worth it. I ended up snapping them in half because I'm a jackass
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

there was a vendor at SEMA that had some stylish safety glasses...you'd really never know they were safety glasses unless you asked...Tim & I forgot to go back to get a pair though
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
Brando56894
15 Second Club

yea the same thing happened to me when i was taking the exhaust off of my (wrecked) bird. i was wiggling the I pipe i think it was and all this rust got into my right eye, it sucked but i didnt go to the hospital. i just washed it out for a few mins and then let my body force it out naturally
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge