Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 04-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
Blacdout96

Will a 1 inch drop affect my ZR-1 clearance

Hey everybody. Ive been contemplating this for a while and decided, y not ask the peopel whove done it. I have Zr-1 replicas on my camaro. the rear is 11" and Ive rolled back the lip on the rearfender so it wouldnt rub anymore. the question is if i lower my car 1 inch, will my fenders rub the tires now. I hate having a high-car look and i want to improve the handleing a little to. thay wouldnt be the only products to get replaced at thetime. a set of KYB AGX adjustable shocks would go on too, thats a definant, i just wantto see if dropping it will hit, if not, ill buy them , if not, looks like im stickign to stock ride height. BTW, its a V6, not a V8 guys. thanx
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Heres a picture of my car on SLP Eibach Springs with about a 1" drop. Clearance was fine. The only things I really noticed that are not a big deal but just a heads up:
-The rear wheels sometimes catch on the bump stops when lifted
-If you have LCA Relocation Brackets, they sometimes catch or rub on the brackets when the cars lifted.
-If you have more then 3 people or someone "large" in the car sometimes the tires will rub the fender. (Mine always happened to be the passenger side)
-You MIGHT have to bang the inner fender wells, from what I read every car seems to be different. I didn't have that issue.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
Blacdout96

ok cool. The drop makes your car look sick.I banged the inner fender wells too, i forgot to mention that, I had the 3 person test conducted, and they did rub, but it was a hell of a bump too, i got non adjustable tubular L.C.A.'s for the car, but not relocation bracket, and yeah i make sure the wheels off before i lift it up. By the way, I see that SLP has bump stop enlargers, you just place them uner the bump stops. they say their for 17 inch wheels so,, idk ill give them a try too, theyre like 25 bucks.

Last edited by Blacdout96; 04-09-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I wouldn't bother with the bump stop crap. But I highly recomend you buy Weld in LCA relocation brackets with your LCA's. The lowering springs will throw off angles and you won't hook right, and probably get some wheel hop.

My set up sounds pretty similar to what you want, and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm hoping to get it to Giants Stadium soon.
-HyperCoil lowering Springs (Advertised 1.3" drop, its alot more)
-Bilstien HD Shocks
-Spohn Non Adjustable Tubular LCA's w/ Poly Bushings
-Spohn Weld In Relocation Brackets
-Spohn Tubular Sub-Frame Conectors
-BMR Non Adjustable Pan-Hard Bar w/ Poly Bushings
-RK Sport 2-Point Tower Bar
-SLP 1LE Front & Rear Sway Bar w/ Poly Bushings

Last edited by ar0ck; 04-09-2007 at 07:14 PM.
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance