Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
IROCZBeast
13 Second Club

Social Networks:

Z28 down, she'll be out for a little while

Well I knew it was coming but unfortunately it happened at a bad time.

When I had installed my headers back in november I had snapped a header bolt and tried many methods of getting it out but just couldn't do it. I bolted em up anyway and there was always a very slight exhaust leak, I knew over time it would blow out. Well...it finally did on saturday night.

Theres no sense in replacing the gasket cause it'll just blow again. So the time has come for a heads a cam package. Still figuring out exactly what I'm going to run but I'm sort of leaning towards a Lloyd Elliot package, www.eportworks.com, but thats still up in the air. I may just purchase a cc306 and have a new set of heads worked and port and polished along with the intake manifold.

Still pricing everything out and figuring out what is best for me, but unfortunately the camaro will be off the road for a while. The funds are kind of low considered I just purchased a rear with 4.10's off of qwik28. So I'll be buy the parts little by little as the money comes in.

Goal is to be able to drive the car to graduation on June 22.

Wish me luck.
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 -SOLD-

Last edited by IROCZBeast; 04-23-2007 at 11:03 PM.
IROCZBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Buy new heads, pick a cam & I'll help do the swap with you.

Last edited by ar0ck; 04-23-2007 at 11:07 PM.
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
j0n

if you go with lloyds le2 or le3 you should buy the heads AND springs i have for sale...he takes off $300 on the portwork if you include beehive springs. ill give ya a good deal on the heads and springs together

Last edited by j0n; 04-23-2007 at 11:20 PM.
j0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #4
IROCZBeast
13 Second Club

Social Networks:

Thanks Alex, I'm going to need the help.

Jon, I'm definately pretty dead set on buying those heads from you, I'll probably let you know by the end of the week.

On a side note, are there any good shops in the area that do good head work? Instead of sending them all the way to texas...

As of now I'm thinking LE2 Heads matched to my intake with a cc306 cam.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZBeast View Post
Thanks Alex, I'm going to need the help.

Jon, I'm definately pretty dead set on buying those heads from you, I'll probably let you know by the end of the week.

On a side note, are there any good shops in the area that do good head work? Instead of sending them all the way to texas...

As of now I'm thinking LE2 Heads matched to my intake with a cc306 cam.
Go with lloyds cam over the cc306...makes more streetable horsepower and should peak at the same number

also, i've sold heads to lloyd and shipping 2 lt1 heads only costs ~$30 via ups iirc
Old 04-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

nick- why not get the heads and cam and such and let us (me, j0n, alex, etc..) help you with the install. i got lots of tools in my garage since i am doing mine and it shouldnt be too hard. start picking at the obvious stuff now so we can punch it out quick and get it back on the road. any way you can get the rents to loan you the money until summer time so we can start it soon? maybe like a graduation loan/present?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
IROCZBeast
13 Second Club

Social Networks:

Thanks man.

Unfortunately my parents aren't to kean about loaning me money for my car, there not a fan of me dumping money into my car in general lol.

So I'll have to save and order everything once the cash comes in. What makes it even harder is I have to spend money on my brothers wedding and senoirs dues and prom etc. So like I said I probably won't even be able to get the LE2 package till mid to late june.

My goal at this point is to just have the car on the road by the end of the summer.

I've basically decided on the LE2 complete package after discussing with others and lloyd elliot himself.

I appreciate all the offers for help to guys, I'm definately going to take you guys up on it once the project begins.

P.S. - Jon don't sell those heads please. I'll have the cash for them in a week, two weeks at most.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Let me know when your free one of these weekends & I'll come over and help tear down the front of the motor. I could knock that out in an hour I've practically memorized the front end of the motor.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #9
IROCZBeast
13 Second Club

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life View Post
Let me know when your free one of these weekends & I'll come over and help tear down the front of the motor. I could knock that out in an hour I've practically memorized the front end of the motor.
haha ok nice, yea definately one weekend soon.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge