Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
JerzLT1

Poor buying experience with NJSpeeder

Well i was trying to keep this private but i havent gotten any response from the seller after numerous attempts so i figured maybe this would get his attention.

So about 2 weeks ago i was supposed to meet up with Tim (NJSpdr) to purchase a rear set of Centerline Convo Pros with 9.5 x 27 Hoosier QTPs. We were set to meet on a friday at around 8-8:30 in deptford to make the sale, 8:30 rolls around and Tim still isnt there. Ron was trying to get ahold of him all day on Friday with no answer and there was no effort to get ahold of anyone and tell us he wasnt coming. So that night while im sitting in deptford (already drove a half and hour to get there when i finally got ahold of him) talking to Tim i offer to drive half way to his house to get the rims/tires off of him. he said no he wasnt feeling well maybe another day. So over the next couple days we meet up and make the exchange. I was happy that i atleast got the rims/tires at that point. So, i get home and take everything out of the boxes and realize there were no lug nuts in the bag that he told me they were in. I brought it to his attention that night and he said he would look for them. i havent heard back since then. i was a little mad at this point because i really wanted to have the rims on for the meet but i figured i would give him a chance. A couple days after the meet i take the rims and tires to JSPerformance to have them mounted and i have it brought to my attention that the tires are only 26" tall.... im not mad about the size of the tires, im more mad about getting lied to over and over and there being no effort to make it right. So in closing, im not asking for money back or anything like that just the price of the lug nuts that im going to have to buy in order to be able to go to the track on tuesday.

Feel free to voice your opinions on the situation. and Tim you can txt me when you get this.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Knipps

i don't understand why this was deleted the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
i don't understand why this was deleted the first time.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
Blacdout96

Tim has been MIA from this site for a little while hasent he, at least I havent seen him in a while... is he ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 04-03-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

hey the first thread got deleted! And mods.. please stop protecting your master by deleting josh's thread. Josh is a good man and would never slander anyone on the boards.

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Tim has been MIA from this site for a little while hasent he, at least I havent seen him in a while... is he ok?
No, but that doesn't matter.

I asked 86F to give it a day, but it is what it is. Posts like this are TMK normally removed but since Tim is admin I'm in a no-win situation. So I'll leave this up for now and see where it goes.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
JerzLT1

thank you and thanks for the support guys.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
jims69camaro

i don't see how you were lied to over and over. hell, if someone isn't feeling well (haven't we all been there?) you gotta cut them some slack. about the lugnuts not being in the bag, well, that's just an oversight. i can't see tim screwing someone. there must be a logical explanation.

tim is not just an admin, he is a board owner. he's not trying to duck you.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 04-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #9
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

To the best of my knowledge, Tim hasn't logged on here since February which is very uncharacteristic of him.

I have no idea what the deal is but I hope he is doing OK.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
JerzLT1

#1 when he said we were meeting the one day and didnt try to get ahold of Ron or myself till it was time to be there.
#2 about the lugs being in the box with the rims (oversight or not when i made him aware of it he should have made it right)
#3 the size of the tires.
Remember i never put tim out there as the board ower or an admin. just posting up as i would if he was any other member. And when he responds to someone sitting right next to me but not me in txts i consider that duckin me.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
DaSkinnyGuy

Leave this up so far its been straight up clean and mature, But i also have been wondering where he has been.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #12
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Good luck with the outcome Josh. I don’t see why the thread would need to be deleted. I think Josh is handling this in a mature manor. As for Tim “not” ducking out on Josh, he was able to answer a few of my texts back but when Josh sent him one seconds later, he received no response. Even an “I’m still looking for them” would have put Josh’s mind at ease. As I said, good luck on the outcome Josh and good luck when track day comes!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
bandit88
Power Member / Load Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_SOM_WS6 View Post
Good luck with the outcome Josh. I don’t see why the thread would need to be deleted. I think Josh is handling this in a mature manor. As for Tim “not” ducking out on Josh, he was able to answer a few of my texts back but when Josh sent him one seconds later, he received no response. Even an “I’m still looking for them” would have put Josh’s mind at ease. As I said, good luck on the outcome Josh and good luck when track day comes!
I was there that night
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

2011 Regal CXL TO2
Old 04-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit88 View Post
I was there that night
So was I. Hope it all works out for you Josh.
2000 T/A WS6 - 11.190 @ 119.79...SOLD

Last edited by Jersey_TA; 04-03-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #15
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Threads like this one tend to spiral into a crucifixion of one of the people involved- appropriate or not.

That's why they get axed most of the time. So far this one is fine.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #16
JerzLT1

im not looking for a crucifixion, just looking for Tim to make good on his part of the sale.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
mystictealLT1

i dont know anybody on very well but i do know josh and know hes a stand up guy and wouldnt try to stir **** up for no reason...hope everything works out good for you josh

99 Black Camaro SS-TSP Cammed,full exhaust,Fast 90/90
Old 04-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #18
Mike
BadMod

i have no comment on anything to do with the sale...im sure it would be taken that i live to close to tim to be fair.....

one thing i HAVE to say though...

tim has been telling me those tires were 27 inches for the entire time i have been a member here. i know this off the top of my head because i was interested in them before i went with my etstreets. i believe at one point even justin told me the tires were 27''. so im sure that at least on that one point, it was an oversite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 AM   #19
Mike
BadMod

and guys, we all believe josh isnt making **** up, he dosent need an army saying they were there to witness it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #20
SteveR
I <3 sheep

I hope everything works out for you, and that Tim is ok. I havent seen or heard from him since the January meet.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 AM   #21
jims69camaro

what i was saying is that he will make it right and i don't see the sense of having this post up. you were trying to keep it private, but felt the need anyway to throw it out here in the open. that in itself doesn't make sense. if it's private, then it's private. there is no such thing as a public private transaction.

"he lied to me". i can guarantee he didn't do it on purpose. he was either misinformed by the previous owner of the tires or got faulty information from the mfg. can't see him saying something he knew to be false. that goes against everything i know about him.

you were getting impatient about the transaction because you wanted them for a special date, or whatever. that's cool, but if he's not feeling well, he's not feeling well - nobody can pick when they get sick, it just happens. i am sure he didn't get sick to screw you.

why he would answer a "friend" and not answer you is something i don't understand. maybe if he was that sick, he just didn't want to be bothered with it. i know when i am sick i don't sweat the details, i hit it with a broad brush. that doesn't mean he is out to screw you.

i've known tim since the board kicked off (probably ran into him before then, just didn't know it was him) and i would absolutely, unequivocally vouch for him. this just isn't like him, so something else is beneath the surface, but i know he would not knowingly present something that was false as a truth (or the other way around).

have some patience. i know he will make this right.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 04-04-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:12 AM   #22
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
and guys, we all believe josh isnt making **** up, he dosent need an army saying they were there to witness it

i was there and i saw what you did
i saw it with my own two eyes
so you can wipe off that grin
i know where you've been
it's all been a pack of lies

and i can feel it coming in the air tonight...
-genesis

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 04-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #23
firehawk1120

Old 04-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #24
JerzLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
what i was saying is that he will make it right and i don't see the sense of having this post up. you were trying to keep it private, but felt the need anyway to throw it out here in the open. that in itself doesn't make sense. if it's private, then it's private. there is no such thing as a public private transaction.

"he lied to me". i can guarantee he didn't do it on purpose. he was either misinformed by the previous owner of the tires or got faulty information from the mfg. can't see him saying something he knew to be false. that goes against everything i know about him.

you were getting impatient about the transaction because you wanted them for a special date, or whatever. that's cool, but if he's not feeling well, he's not feeling well - nobody can pick when they get sick, it just happens. i am sure he didn't get sick to screw you.

why he would answer a "friend" and not answer you is something i don't understand. maybe if he was that sick, he just didn't want to be bothered with it. i know when i am sick i don't sweat the details, i hit it with a broad brush. that doesn't mean he is out to screw you.

i've known tim since the board kicked off (probably ran into him before then, just didn't know it was him) and i would absolutely, unequivocally vouch for him. this just isn't like him, so something else is beneath the surface, but i know he would not knowingly present something that was false as a truth (or the other way around).

have some patience. i know he will make this right.
but like I said, if it was just that he was sick or he just forgot the lugs and told me he would find them and got back to me right away or actually called me and told me he wasnt coming to deptford i wouldnt be mad. is the fact that the tires are 26" tall a big deal? no but it adds to the POOR BUYING EXPERIENCE which is the title of this thread. If he was sick then maybe he shouldnt have told Kelsey otherwise (not getting into details of the txt here) and it honestly takes 2 seconds to say "i havent found them yet im still looking"

now let me ask you a question, do you think this will get tims attention? because as soon as i posted it someone called him and told him. But me txting and trying to call him for over a week hasnt gotten his attention. so yes this was private but its not anymore, im just looking for some feed back, a response from tim, and for him to make it right. im positive he knows about it at this point.

stop taking this as a personal attack on Tim because if it was just a random person you would all be agreeing with me. I didnt put tim out there as being different then any other memeber so stop treating it that way.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #25
JerzLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
i have no comment on anything to do with the sale...im sure it would be taken that i live to close to tim to be fair.....

one thing i HAVE to say though...

tim has been telling me those tires were 27 inches for the entire time i have been a member here. i know this off the top of my head because i was interested in them before i went with my etstreets. i believe at one point even justin told me the tires were 27''. so im sure that at least on that one point, it was an oversite
like i said Mike, its really not that big of a deal about the 1 inch but he should have actually looked at the tires before he sold them to me. oversight or not im sure you can agree that if you were expecting to get one thing and didnt you wouldnt be happy.

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts