Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #26
misterjuice

I think you're not taking my suggestion seriously.......

2008 G8 GT Ignition Orange - New Era OTR intake, PM-FL Axle Back, SuperChips Cortex Tune
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #27
mtnhopper1

My sister-in-law just graduated with her master's in school psychology. She's having a really hard time finding a job. I think the problem is that there is not much turn-over in those positions, so you basically have to wait for someone to die or retire before a position opens.

IMHO, if you have a chance at a position in the field (which it sounds like you do), you should take it and see where it goes.

In the end it will come down to whether your first priority is having a good, fulfilling job, or finishing school for the sake of having sone so.

You may go in thinking that it is a temporary thing, in which case you will go back to school and graduate with some real-world job experience (putting you miles ahead of most of the people who you will be competing with).

On the other hand, you may decide that the job is just what you've been looking for, and that you'd rather like to make a career of it. In that case, you're set in a good position and don't need to finish school.

Just keep an open mind, and remember that you can't plan everything. It's usually a good practice to have a plan and to finish what you start, but you also have to be able to recognize opportunity and deviate from the plan if necessary.
Heartbeat City
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
I'm a dick, you're a dick, we're all a bunch of dicks!!!

Last edited by mtnhopper1; 06-12-2008 at 12:10 PM.
mtnhopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #28
Untamed

Make money now.

Make kids later.

Having three kids of my own, I can tell you that the smartest thing my wife and I did was wait a few years after our marriage, to make money, establish careers, buy a house, THEN have kids. You two have already accomplished most of that, except the time together (being married), and establishing a career (though James has one).

Get yourself established first, enjoy the career you want (and finish school), then contemplate kids later. You have plenty of time.

Kind of reminds me of our conversations with Wayfast about having plenty of time to build a racecar... when he was still 14. Don't be in a hurry to jump into bigger responsibilities until you've enjoyed the more simple things in life (like freedom, friends, and money in the bank).

Thus endeth the lesson.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #29
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Genie - I have an increasingly mobile 9 month old you can borrow (for short periods) anytime the bug bites.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #30
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
Genie - I have an increasingly mobile 9 month old you can borrow (for short periods) anytime the bug bites.

- Justin
Whenever you wanna drive him up here, I'll take him for a few months. lol
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #31
jims69camaro

finish the degree. everything else will follow. i wish i had the opportunity to turn back the clock, i would've finished college instead of going straight to work as a programmer. now, without a degree of any kind, i am not employable, even with a buttload of experience.

finish the degree.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 06-15-2008 at 09:17 AM.
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge