Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
NjbadSS

ever heard of Monster Transmissions?

not sure if this is where this thread belongs, but here goes. I am looking to buy a built 700 tranny for my z28, and have been getting some pretty steep prices local, so I started browsing the net and came across a few options. I am leaning towards the company called Monster Transmissions and Performance. They have some awesome prices, just wondering if any of you guys have any idea the quality of their parts? Either have purchased threw them before or heard of someone who has. I just dont want to dump 2000 and get a piece of garbage shipped to me thats going to go in 3 months. Thanks a lot
Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
procamaroz28

i have... a mechanic i used to sell parts to had one in his iroc forgot exactly which trans, but that was a very solid car he put alot of $ into so im sure he did not cut corners on the trans... ill prob stop by his place and ask about it the coming weekend if u'd like...

BLK 07 CTS M6 2.8
procamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Why deal with a maybe shop doing the work when we have local sponsors to help you out. Look at the list >>>>>>

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
NjbadSS

I am basically looking for the best bang for my buck. Like I said, the transmissions on the monster performance site are a decent amount, about 1500 shipped with a torque converter.. I can install it myself no problem just need the trans. Any info on Monster performance would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
camaroAL
10 Second Club

Social Networks:

i can supply you with what u need, do u have a core? pm me for details
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbadaSS View Post
I am basically looking for the best bang for my buck. Like I said, the transmissions on the monster performance site are a decent amount, about 1500 shipped with a torque converter.. I can install it myself no problem just need the trans. Any info on Monster performance would be greatly appreciated
Here are my questions to you about bang for the buck, If you have a problem is there someone you can turn to? Do you know what parts they are using or just that they say they are good? What brand converters are they, in house, relabeled,shelf brand?

I know what you mean about trying to save money, I made the same mistakes of only looking at price tags to determine the best value at one time. I wish I had all the extra money and time it cost me back at this point.

More often than not, the best value ends up being to spend a little more up front on a known quality piece or at a known source instead of spending it on maybes and hoping for the best.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
camaro2you

I had a monster 700r4 in my 86 and it worked great, also know someone who put one in there vette and they also love it. Nice guys to work with, great prices, and great product.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
NjbadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
Here are my questions to you about bang for the buck, If you have a problem is there someone you can turn to? Do you know what parts they are using or just that they say they are good? What brand converters are they, in house, relabeled,shelf brand?

I know what you mean about trying to save money, I made the same mistakes of only looking at price tags to determine the best value at one time. I wish I had all the extra money and time it cost me back at this point.

More often than not, the best value ends up being to spend a little more up front on a known quality piece or at a known source instead of spending it on maybes and hoping for the best.
I have done a lot of browsing and research on the company and their products and found nothing but great things said about them. I appreciate the heads up, but I know exactly what you mean. I had a 93 z28 when I was stationed out in CA and got a tranny for it from an arizona company and was not pleased at all, horrible product, but I made the mistake of going for the lowest price and that was it. I spoke with a rep from Monster yesterday and he is giving me free shipping to my door and free 1 year full warranty because I am a military guy, and I picked his brain on everything, all sounds legit and good to go. Thanks for the help guys, I am hoping to have the tranny in very soon and have the car at the Chatterbox meet coming up

Last edited by NjbadSS; 05-09-2009 at 09:59 AM.
NjbadSS is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech