Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
RiggsLW81

HELP: Oldsmobile Intrigue issues...

My friend has a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue (3.5L V6, 74K miles)...and he's having some issues with it so thought I'd post to try to help him figure out this electrical gremlin thats grabbed hold of his car...

While driving...(from a stop) the 'anti-lock' light came on and the upon accelerating, the car felt extremely sluggish...almost as if you were stepping on both the gas and the brake simultaneously...it felt like this to about 25-30 mph before it felt ok...but the minute you got under that speed (and also from a stop) the same symptons occur again...this is turn, was causing the temp gauge to rise as well..had to pull over after awhile to let it cool down..(checked radiator, all hoses and coolant tank - no cracks/leaks anywhere I can see). Removed cables from battery for 10 min to see if it 'tripped' anything, but that didn't work either. The strange part is...this has happened the last 2 days straight, but after about 30-40 min of driving, the car starts performing perfectly again...accelerating properly, no hesitation, no overheating issues...

the 'Traction off' light is also coming on randomly along with the 'airbag' light...

can anyone tell me what they think this might be? I did some research and found some info that pointed to a faulty 'wheel speed sensor'. Does this sound right? Or is it an ABS sensor of some kind? Any info is appreciated. trying to get a heads up on it for him before he takes it to a shop (he's not a car guy - dont want him getting ripped off)

thanxx in advance
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
SuperSweet

almost sounds like one of the wheels is getting caught up..try jacking each wheel up and spinning it to see if its stuck. The ABS and Wheel speed sensors are the same thing on this car. and IIRC they are also part of the hub bearing assembly. The traction control light and air bag light will come one whenever the ABS light does because these two systems deactivate along with the ABS.

-Jay-
COD-MW2=X02ssMaroX XBOX LIVE
02 SOMSS-M6-,Volant CAI,TR55's,UMI LCA'S and PHR, Longtubes & TD's w/ sweet thunder bullets 315-35/17's. 349rwhp/372rwtq
SuperSweet is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech