Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Saitin
Banned

eBay and paypal gayer as the days go on

So I sold a few things on Ebay and guess what paypal now holds all funds until the items have been recieved.

Quote:
Ship now
Payment Status: On Hold - Ship now

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold.

We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs: the buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay, or we confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States
seller protection my ass it seems like they are doing everything in there power to make sure the buyers can scam anything now days.

Last edited by Saitin; 08-06-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Saitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
camaro2you

That's some bull.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
JW

I am going to buy something from Cody and then claim I never got it so I can get my money back and keep the item

JW
Old 08-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
BurninrubberGT

thats a good thing, they use tracking numbers so its confirmed through the company not the buyer

its a lot harder to scam
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Knipps

It's been this way a while, it was like that when I bought a lens for my camera last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
V
Stalker

i bought a set of ttops, won them like july 3rd... paid july 5th.... by the 21st i still had no tracking number and my parents said they never came so i opened a dispute and then a claim on the 25th. Seller never responded still. Yesterday paypal reveiwed it and gave me back all my money. So in my case, i dont mind it one bit, it helped me. And i have since bought another set which were already delivered.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
camaro2you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW View Post
I am going to buy something from Cody and then claim I never got it so I can get my money back and keep the item

JW

Bastard lol, only if ebay didnt lock my selling account for ******** reasons. I deal with craigslist now.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
98CamaroSS

Only if you haven't sold something in a while. I sold some things for the first time in a while 4 months ago and they held the funds till after delivery, yet I sold some more expensive things last month and the funds were released right away, go figure.

98CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
Saitin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CamaroSS View Post
Only if you haven't sold something in a while. I sold some things for the first time in a while 4 months ago and they held the funds till after delivery, yet I sold some more expensive things last month and the funds were released right away, go figure.
I have almost 300(1 neg in 5 years) feedback and I always have something for sale on ebay.
I have sold 21 items worth over 2500.00 in the past 30 days alone but all the payments I've received in the past week or so have been accompanied with that message.

Last edited by Saitin; 08-06-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Saitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #10
jims69camaro

i think there are fewer disputes like it is now. at least if there is a dispute, you don't have to chase the seller down.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge