Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #76
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmybody View Post
once i fix her shell back back no prob!
It better, that's the point of fixing it!
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #77
chknhwk01
What?

Question sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whattttttttttt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
I had a feeling I would have to
what u mean, hoof mouth.. me speakmm good ''''maguana dobe''''
25 years of street college..... buk buk buk, banana breath...
geting to know you,
THE FAMOUS ONE215-675-8515 ,AND STEVE SPOHN,and j&g-transmisstions,willow grove,pa,215-659-3022,, R.I.P.JOE PRINCE..
chknhwk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #78
CJDZ24_Z28

Also like stated above you can't compare a 3rd/4th gen to a luxury car or even a real sports car unless its about power and possibly handling. Pretty much only true enthusiasts know the real good qualities of F-Bodies. Also like stated every car has a fault. AS far as staying power my current 98 Z has 177k on it and below is a video of my of old 99 Z28. Check the odometer.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=nov16036.flv

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 09-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.
CJDZ24_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #79
miketa95

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97camaro View Post
Im going out on a limb here, but do you really expect to drive offroad in the mud and not have problems? Im just basing that off your sig pic. Id expect to have a **** load of problems too if I abused my f-body . . . just saying.

Yeah I've been "offroading" twice. basically I follow my friends with their FJ cruiser and Xterra, wait on the sidelines, and pull them out when their stuck. Of course along the road theres a couple light puddles I've gone through, and I made a sig pic out of the one time I managed to get mud on the body. but i don't think that would explain any the issues with the truck. On top of this, my friend has never needed a repair on his xterra (2003 supercharged model.) He literally hasn't spent a dime on anything other than oil changes and a set of tires, doesn't even run the thing on premium fuel like the thing says on the dash, manual, gas cap, etc. Same deal with the FJ. Both of these kids didn't even clean their trucks off after the trip! they left them covered in mud for weeks. I was underneath the Silverado, soaking wet, hosing down every bit of the thing that night! I go far beyond to try and maintain this thing, and it is still unreliable.
I use it for work too, landscaping, pulling a trailer, starting and stopping a lot. I've also brought it to Atco and raced it. I'll admit I'm hard on it, but i don't think I should have problems with half of the stuff I do considering what I use it for. One trip to atco and two times down the same trail shouldn't cause everything to break.
There is a serious lack of quality in this truck. Believe me, I do like driving it when it works. It has decent power and ride without a trailer, passengers, or cargo. People constantly are talking about how great the quality is in American Trucks. Not this one. If pulling a relatively light weight trailer, taking your "off road package" truck off the road, and flooring it for a quarter mile all hurt the thing this bad, to where it is making me completely broke, then I gotta say I am really, truly disappointed and I sure as hell won't be buying another.
miketa95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #80
BigAls87Z28

It is sad to hear about your truck. Im surprised your friend with the FJ doesn't have any frame problems like most of them do when they are put to the test. While your truck has had its share of problems overall the american trucks are better then their japanese couterparts.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #81
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
It is sad to hear about your truck. Im surprised your friend with the FJ doesn't have any frame problems like most of them do when they are put to the test. While your truck has had its share of problems overall the american trucks are better then their japanese couterparts.
Whats that Toyota? A recall for rotting frames? from Tacoma's? well surely they must be the first year run.....oh recent ones? and you bought the trucks back form them completely and gave them new trucks so you could hush your customers, and try to keep it on the Down low? well thats nice, this must be the first time your frames rotted out on your trucks.....no? you mean this has been happening for the past 30 years? damn......well good luck with that.

Quote:
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #82
miketa95

The FJ is pretty new, I think he only has like 7k miles on it, so maybe in time he will have problems. The Xterra has a lot of miles though, somewhere around 80 or 90k like my truck. I don't want a toyota, but I am definitely being drawn to a Ford.
miketa95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #83
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Whats that Toyota? A recall for rotting frames? from Tacoma's? well surely they must be the first year run.....oh recent ones? and you bought the trucks back form them completely and gave them new trucks so you could hush your customers, and try to keep it on the Down low? well thats nice, this must be the first time your frames rotted out on your trucks.....no? you mean this has been happening for the past 30 years? damn......well good luck with that.
I saw this firsthand with my boss's truck. I know my way around rust... and that '99 Tacoma had a worse frame than the '69 Camaro I had. And that car was a rusty POS.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #84
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
I saw this firsthand with my boss's truck. I know my way around rust... and that '99 Tacoma had a worse frame than the '69 Camaro I had. And that car was a rusty POS.
In three months that I was at Toyota, I had 6 calls for people who set up appointments, or to have their pickups towed back to Toyota so they could get a new truck. my grandfathers Toyota pickup, was driving it, literally snapped in half between the cab and the bed and still owns it to this day, but doesnt drive it, it's just sitting in his back yard. it folded in half. I still dont know whats keeping it together. this was about 15 years ago.

Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #85
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
In three months that I was at Toyota, I had 6 calls for people who set up appointments, or to have their pickups towed back to Toyota so they could get a new truck. my grandfathers Toyota pickup, was driving it, literally snapped in half between the cab and the bed and still owns it to this day, but doesnt drive it, it's just sitting in his back yard. it folded in half. I still dont know whats keeping it together. this was about 15 years ago.
Whoa! Imagine the rust on it now! More info on the truck? I know it was 15 years ago, but is there any shot that it is eligible for the recall? Maybe try writing a letter to Toyota?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #86
Blacdout96

Well I love my grandfather, but I hate the fact that he waves an american flag outside his house, but swears by Toyota cars. He still rocks his 1980 Corolla, and bought a 2009 Camry when I worked there. He wouldn't trade the Pickup in eve nif he had the chance, plus I doubt he took any pictures when it happened. It was a really nice truck too, you could eat off the paint it was soo clean, but still, snapped like a kit kat bar.

Before I get flamed, I really needed a job to get my wife here, and seeing as it dealt with cars, thought it was better then nothing, even if they were Toyota's. I don't support Toyota's even if they make some of their cars in America. Im kinda in the hunt for a SRT-4, but everyone I've looked at have been whooped.

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 09-21-2010 at 08:42 AM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge