Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #26
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
my exercise bike has a HR monitor built in. What is the ideal range though for fat burn? Ive always noticed that on any heart rate monitor on equipment that my rate seems low under 130, very rarely do i see it over that. When i did run, id do 7min miles and sustain that rate for up to 4 miles straight (4 miles in under 30min).
60-70% of your max. In that zone 85% of the calories that you burn will be fat cals.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #27
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
60-70% of your max. In that zone 85% of the calories that you burn will be fat cals.
ok so it seems then that 130 is like 70% my MHR... interesting
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #28
HeadlessNorseman

The pills like oxyelite or mytotrpin only really work in parallel with exercise and diet, so i guess no is an appropriate answer? and intense exercise is really the best way to do it, interval training, tabata cardio, lots of redline stuff. Ive lost almost 80 lbs in a year and have injured both shoulders, so i kinda understand your situation. Biking is a great tool though, read about tabata drills and do them on the exercise bike! best 5 minute workout youll do. Then you can always do a good warm up/cool down on while still on the bike

JSFBOA

Draino?

Last edited by HeadlessNorseman; 09-27-2010 at 01:12 AM.
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #29
3.4 grape of wrath

My wife takes alli which she swears by. She only takes it before a big meal it helps to rid the fat from the meal. Side benefit is it helps with bowel movements. Side effects is some ppl experience gall bladder problems. If you only use it for a short time and only with heavy/fat meals I would think it would be fine. Do some research is my best advice.
8.021 @ 86.38 1/8 MILE
BEST 60' 1.781
3.4 grape of wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #30
crazyl

I used to take kryptonite with myogenix spawn. Spawn has since been pulled but kryptonite should still be selling. Btw if you use it get liver fix as well!
crazyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #31
3.4 grape of wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
I used to take kryptonite with myogenix spawn. Spawn has since been pulled but kryptonite should still be selling. Btw if you use it get liver fix as well!
Kryptonite isn't that the stuff that used to mess up superman?
8.021 @ 86.38 1/8 MILE
BEST 60' 1.781
3.4 grape of wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #32
bubba428

I was taking animal cuts for a while, and ran into some serious liver issues. it worked though, at least until you stop taking it and gain back two fold.

Last edited by bubba428; 09-27-2010 at 04:29 PM.
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #33
bandit88
Power Member / Load Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
nope, lol, with the arms going back and forth it tears at my shoulder.
Basically the tendon going over my shoulder is frayed and tearing against a part of bone that is also getting into a nerve bundle. which cause loss of feeling and sensation down my whole arm. ring and pinky finger are almost always numb. Also, the nerve pain goes back down along my shoulder blade.
Natural motion of my arm even when walking for a decent period of time causes extreme pain.

they have ellipticals where you don't wave your arms around like a nut.

start chasing the opposite sex....... it works

i lost about 8 lbs just eating right and cutting out soda.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

2011 Regal CXL TO2
bandit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #34
crazyl

Yea, but what does not kill you only makes you stronger. Kryptonite is a extreme burner but like I said I am not sure if they pulled it when they pulled Spawn off the market.
crazyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #35
79T/A

First, I am NOT any type of athletic trainer. In fact, if you saw me, you'd probably say I'm overweight. Strike that, you'd definitely say I'm overweight. I have heard that there is a three day-long diet from the people who make P-90X (Beach Body?) that involves eating nothing but apples and drinking water and taking their supplements. A coworker said he lost seven pounds in three days, but needed to be close to a toilet for all three days. I decided to skip that one.

Having said that, over the past year, I finally saw the light and the extreme need to stop being the REALLY fat f*** that I was. A bunch of circumstances came into play and at 36 years old and 313 pounds, it was time for a serious change in my lifestyle. I started exercising and eating better back in the beginning of April, and I'm really happy to be down thirty pounds now.

What it came down to for me was a lifestyle change. I LOVE junk food. Burgers, pizza and anything you can throw in a fryer, and of course bacon were pretty much my four food groups. That had to change. I found that one of the best things to do was to cut out as much sugar as possible. That would include soda. The only beverages I allow myself these days is coffee and water (And, of course, the OCCASIONAL adult beverage). I wasn't strong enough to give up coffee, but I did give up using artificial sweeteners and switched to a spoonful of Sugar in the Raw (No aspartame or other harmful nasty ethyl methyl bad s***). I eat a lot of chicken and turkey based dishes with the occasional very lean red meat thrown in for good measure. I limit the harmful carbs; any bread I eat is whole wheat and in moderation, same with pasta (Which I eat very rarely) and any other bread product (Like pancakes and waffles, both of which I love). And sadly, I now find myself reading labels and looking for things like carbs and sugars. And, while I've been slacking on it lately, I eat more than three times a day. Maybe a granola bar or yogurt between meals, with a banana or other fruit for good measure.

And, of course, I exercise way more than I probably should. I work out five days a week, alternating cardio and light cardio/weight training. My workouts correspond with my work days as the powers that be let us put in a gym at work. Mainly, I run (No good for you, obviously) and it's probably put years back onto my life. I'm sure you already know that the cardio is what's going to take off the weight.

I came to this by taking advice from people in the know (I work with a lot of folks who are very physically fit, some of them are even trainers and nutritionists). I have a lot of support from my family and friends, so surrounding yourself with people who encourage you rather than bust your onions is extremely helpful. I've found that it's unrealistic to swear off the food you love forever; rather, I limit myself to one day a week to eat the good stuff and use moderation so I don't destroy all the work I put in during the week.

I say all of this because it seems that if you're serious about weight loss, it takes a lifestyle change and you really have to be ready, willing and able to take on the challenge. You also have to accept that it's not going to happen overnight (Which you know), although in the beginning, you may drop a decent amount of weight quickly and then plateau for awhile. At this point, it's important to not get discouraged and push through that plateau. Some of my motivators are seeing my kids and eventually, grandkids grow up. I also want to live more than twenty-five years AFTER retirement and get something out of the pension I put money into.

Whatever you do and however you do it, I wish you the best and to be strong. Hope your injuries recover quickly, too.
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #36
HeadlessNorseman

the thing you have to get over, and totally get out of your head, is the element of time. Once you do that, the rest is easy. Its def not a fast process and anything that does work fast is not the correct way to do it. It takes years to get fat and it takes years to burn it. it can be months or maybe a year to really find your stride.

JSFBOA

Draino?

Last edited by HeadlessNorseman; 09-29-2010 at 01:02 AM.
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #37
DevilDougWS6
11 Second Club

I like green tea pills, but without the caffeine. They definitely help kick start your fat burning abilities. In Iraq whenever I could get to the gym I was on a cycle using N.O. shotgun for pre-workout, which gives you crazy energy, then syntha-6 for post workout. I lost 20 lbs of fat in less than 3 months. then again we were always on the move too so that may have helped. I vote for afghan.

J E R S E Y S H O R E O W N S Y O U
12 Sonic Turbo
07 Malibu SS
04 Silverado SS - Sold
00 Trans Am WS6 - Sold

-.:: United States Marine Corps ::.-
DevilDougWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge