Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Will they improve the convertible? You know how ridiculous it is Al.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #27
WiMiMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Will they improve the convertible? You know how ridiculous it is Al.
other than it being 4100 lbs?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #28
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Lulz, you should go to the dealer and ask to go for a ride with the top down. Then get caught in a sudden rain shower and put the top back up.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #29
BigAls87Z28

If you have future product questions, they will not be answered by the Camaro manager. Ask them, I will do my best to answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 View Post
I would like to know if they have any plans to bring back T-tops? Or if there is any interest from the public in them? Being as they've been a representation (to an extent) of the car for 30ish years, I'd be curious to know what the decision makers think about them as an option. Would it be the 5th gen or 6th gen? Have the decision makers seen the aftermarket 5th gen t-top conversions? I am all for them coming back personally.

Question #2.. Why did they kill off the best color in the 5th gen lineup the first year out? Aqua Blue Metallic.. the most unique, and fun color available. Did it not sell well? Any plans to bring back that color, or at least a medium/metallic Blue in the future? The Navy is bland as hell to be the only Blue offered.. Any other color choices news to note?

Thanx..post up if those questions get answered.
No ttops, ever. Long gone. #2, ABM is part of a rotating color pallet that Chevy will change every year. Synergy Green is another, and there are more crazy colors to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiMiMc View Post
will they make a hardtop convertible opposed to ragtop? probably not but i just figured i'd throw it out there

how do they plan to step it up to compete with the new mustang? ( i know the ZL1 is coming out but i mean what else and something that applies to the SS models and even base models)
No, soft top for the the next 2 generations.

New Mustang? Mustang keeps getting updates, but no "new" Mustang for a few more years. 6th gen and the next gen Mustang will be released around the same time. Right now, Camaro has the lead in sales. Camaro will get some updates before the next generation, but realize that what they have now is the best selling car in it's market, it sells without incentives, and it is profitable. Expect minor enhancements to the car, like what is being seen in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Lulz, you should go to the dealer and ask to go for a ride with the top down. Then get caught in a sudden rain shower and put the top back up.
The top system is a bit awkward. The soft top cover is a PITA to install.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #30
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Ok, care to improve it?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #31
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
There are lots of guys with the ability to buy one here, but they won't for a host of reasons, and therefor not the reason to ask them for a question.
If that is GM's stance it is very arrogant, or stupid, depending on your vantage point. I have the ability to buy, I like it the car in a general sense, I considered it, but ultimately decided against it, and GM doesn't care why I said no? I know a number of big camaro fans, they own multiple ones, the go to shows, they race, etc., who wanted to like it but ultimately decided to buy a challenger or a mustang. Does their input not matter either? Only people who already bought one can be involved? So I guess you're out too huh?

Quote:
Just look at the questions so far? Old-time enthusiasts think that the fandangled IRS is for rich people, that 20's is a waste, and are perplexed how a Camaro could come without roll down windows? New age kids are either too dumb, poor, or not looking for that caliber of car. So what's the point?

People asking for engine-in-a-box car should be dismissed and removed from modern production car talk. If you think that AC and power seats should be left for high end cars, you have no point in asking questions. If you think that fuel injection is still a fancy new technology that hasn't had all the bugs worked out, you should skip this thread.
More arrogance and condescension.

I don't see IRS mentioned here but I love it. I love the entire drive trains of both the V8 and V6 cars. I understand from a number$ POV why the stripper model is off the books, it won't even cost less! lol But it is still a legitimate question that someone could answer why.
"I'd also want to know if the trend of oversized wheels will begin to reverse course given the adverse impact it has on mpg and handling. I'd think cafe standards will dictate improved unsprung weight and reduced moment of inertia"
My question on the wheel packages is a legitimate question considering the CAFE standards being forced down automakers throat. You can make all the snide comments you want that wheels over 18" are great and it's just old guys not liking the look, blah blah blah but that does not change the laws of physics. Those giant combos hurt MPG, braking and handling. And our stupid govt is forcing MPG changes. I for one am concerned about the 2nd killing of muscle cars. But I guess we can't ask about that, too stupid of a question.

So in short, if not an superior fanboi we can't be involved. got it. And to be quite honest, if the conversation is only about in dash nav and trim options, it's a waste of everyone's time. Except fanbois.

Sorry to the OP, but Al belittling on everyone on a Camaro fan website because they don't unconditionally love the new one grinds my gears. Besides, he answered all the questions.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 08-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #32
nj85z28

I guess I am done here. Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #33
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
If that is GM's stance it is very arrogant, or stupid, depending on your vantage point. I have the ability to buy, I like it the car in a general sense, I considered it, but ultimately decided against it, and GM doesn't care why I said no? I know a number of big camaro fans, they own multiple ones, the go to shows, they race, etc., who wanted to like it but ultimately decided to buy a challenger or a mustang. Does their input not matter either? Only people who already bought one can be involved? So I guess you're out too huh?

More arrogance and condescension.

I don't see IRS mentioned here but I love it. I love the entire drive trains of both the V8 and V6 cars. I understand from a number$ POV why the stripper model is off the books, it won't even cost less! lol But it is still a legitimate question that someone could answer why.
"I'd also want to know if the trend of oversized wheels will begin to reverse course given the adverse impact it has on mpg and handling. I'd think cafe standards will dictate improved unsprung weight and reduced moment of inertia"
My question on the wheel packages is a legitimate question considering the CAFE standards being forced down automakers throat. You can make all the snide comments you want that wheels over 18" are great and it's just old guys not liking the look, blah blah blah but that does not change the laws of physics. Those giant combos hurt MPG, braking and handling. And our stupid govt is forcing MPG changes. I for one am concerned about the 2nd killing of muscle cars. But I guess we can't ask about that, too stupid of a question.

So in short, if not an superior fanboi we can't be involved. got it. And to be quite honest, if the conversation is only about in dash nav and trim options, it's a waste of everyone's time. Except fanbois.

Sorry to the OP, but Al belittling on everyone on a Camaro fan website because they don't unconditionally love the new one grinds my gears. Besides, he answered all the questions.
First off, I didn't say you had to unconditionally love the car. Never once did I say that, at all. In fact, I made it a point to come up with several factors about what can be fixed in a car. And never did I say that you have to own one to comment about it. What I said was that this forum is a poor place to ask for questions, based on the membership.
As for all the "Camaro" fans that bought a Challenger or Mustang, they also had to sacrifice comfort, visibility, and big honkin wheels. Someone who purchased a Challenger or Mustang over a Camaro did because of design. But when the day is done, and the numbers are tallied, more Camaros hit the road month after month than the other two, sometimes combined. So that tells me that what you think about its design, its weight, its big stupid heavy wheels, and its poor visibility is MOOT!

What you want fixed will not be fixed. What you, and many others, are looking for, is something that will not be fixed till the next generation, and then, you will still have something to complain about.
If you want to voice your opinion about the weight of the vehicle, or its poor visibility, so be it, but that will not effect the current car, and that is all the marketing manager will be addressing when he talks about the car. Sure, he will say "We are looking into areas where we can improve on the Camaro for the future, and we will take into account the many emails/facebook posts/tweets/letters/phone calls for future production."

My qualms about asking this question here is not that it's a Camaro forum, because it's not. It is a place where people gather to ******** about the cars they have now, the things they are working on.

As for the wheels, get used to it. Wheel size is another cosmetic upgrade that enhance a vehicle's appearance. Chevy Cruze Eco I drove for a week has 17 inch wheels, and pulls down 42mpg. Prius and Volt both have 17's. New Buick LaCrosse eAssist has 17's standard alloys, as will the Malibu eAssist.

Yes, killing muscle cars. Like they did in they 70's and 80's? Then the 90's? Oh, how about when they tried to kill them in the 00's? Oh wait, I can get near 300hp turbocharged 4cyl, a 450hp Mustang, twin turbo V6 Ford products out the ass, 560hp Cadillacs, 640hp Corvettes that do 205mph.
Yeah, death the muscle car.

Our gov't is killing it? No, Americans are. Americans, as a group, don't know when to say "enough" because we are greedy bastards. Two ways to slow down the use of oil: 1- Make the OE's make more efficient vehicles or 2- Tax the **** out of the oil, slowing your consumption.
Years and years of smoking warnings, hundreds of lawsuits, tons and tons of education about "STOP SMOKING" but people kept lighting up? Odd...
But, not a pack of cigs are almost 10 bucks? Why? Taxed out the ass. Surprise, smoking is on the decline!
EPA has been enforcing CAFE since the 70's, yet the average MPG of the nation hasn't really budged. Why? Because GM went from making 15mpg V8's cars to 25mpg V8's SUV's. Years and years of being drilled about saving the earth, cleaning the air, saving the polar bears, didn't do a damn thing because gas was a buck a gallon.
Then 2006-2007 comes, and ZOMG, 3.50 A GALLON?!?!?! **** THIS ****, IM OUT!
Truck sales drop in the ****ter, SUV's are a dime a dozen, and every OE...I mean EVERY OE is diving into product development, trying to find something that gets better MPGs.
Now, gas is 3.50 a gallon again, and what is GM's #2 best selling car? The 38-42mpg Chevy Cruze.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #34
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
First off, I didn't say you had to unconditionally love the car. Never once did I say that, at all. In fact, I made it a point to come up with several factors about what can be fixed in a car. And never did I say that you have to own one to comment about it. What I said was that this forum is a poor place to ask for questions, based on the membership.
As for all the "Camaro" fans that bought a Challenger or Mustang, they also had to sacrifice comfort, visibility, and big honkin wheels. Someone who purchased a Challenger or Mustang over a Camaro did because of design. But when the day is done, and the numbers are tallied, more Camaros hit the road month after month than the other two, sometimes combined. So that tells me that what you think about its design, its weight, its big stupid heavy wheels, and its poor visibility is MOOT!

What you want fixed will not be fixed. What you, and many others, are looking for, is something that will not be fixed till the next generation, and then, you will still have something to complain about.
If you want to voice your opinion about the weight of the vehicle, or its poor visibility, so be it, but that will not effect the current car, and that is all the marketing manager will be addressing when he talks about the car. Sure, he will say "We are looking into areas where we can improve on the Camaro for the future, and we will take into account the many emails/facebook posts/tweets/letters/phone calls for future production."

My qualms about asking this question here is not that it's a Camaro forum, because it's not. It is a place where people gather to ******** about the cars they have now, the things they are working on.

As for the wheels, get used to it. Wheel size is another cosmetic upgrade that enhance a vehicle's appearance. Chevy Cruze Eco I drove for a week has 17 inch wheels, and pulls down 42mpg. Prius and Volt both have 17's. New Buick LaCrosse eAssist has 17's standard alloys, as will the Malibu eAssist.

Yes, killing muscle cars. Like they did in they 70's and 80's? Then the 90's? Oh, how about when they tried to kill them in the 00's? Oh wait, I can get near 300hp turbocharged 4cyl, a 450hp Mustang, twin turbo V6 Ford products out the ass, 560hp Cadillacs, 640hp Corvettes that do 205mph.
Yeah, death the muscle car.

Our gov't is killing it? No, Americans are. Americans, as a group, don't know when to say "enough" because we are greedy bastards. Two ways to slow down the use of oil: 1- Make the OE's make more efficient vehicles or 2- Tax the **** out of the oil, slowing your consumption.
Years and years of smoking warnings, hundreds of lawsuits, tons and tons of education about "STOP SMOKING" but people kept lighting up? Odd...
But, not a pack of cigs are almost 10 bucks? Why? Taxed out the ass. Surprise, smoking is on the decline!
EPA has been enforcing CAFE since the 70's, yet the average MPG of the nation hasn't really budged. Why? Because GM went from making 15mpg V8's cars to 25mpg V8's SUV's. Years and years of being drilled about saving the earth, cleaning the air, saving the polar bears, didn't do a damn thing because gas was a buck a gallon.
Then 2006-2007 comes, and ZOMG, 3.50 A GALLON?!?!?! **** THIS ****, IM OUT!
Truck sales drop in the ****ter, SUV's are a dime a dozen, and every OE...I mean EVERY OE is diving into product development, trying to find something that gets better MPGs.
Now, gas is 3.50 a gallon again, and what is GM's #2 best selling car? The 38-42mpg Chevy Cruze.
17's ain't 20s.

And GM would be foolish to look past complaints about the car, like blind spots. Sure they sold a lot, but who wouldn't want to sell more?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #35
BigAls87Z28

You are all missing my point.

You asking about improving blind spots won't change a thing right now. Trust me, they know about the blind spots. There were massive internal fights about it, between Holden and GM NA, as well as internally at GM NA. Wars were waged in design rooms and engineering offices. People went to other programs because of the fights just about the roof hight of the car.
Trust me, they don't need you to tell them. They didn't just throw a bunch of mathematical engineering numbers into a 3D machine, and out popped a Camaro, and once they got in it they said "oh ****...it might be a little hard to look out of this car."

They know. Believe me, they know.

Let me put this in your mind. If some engineers got their way, and visibility was increased, it would have looked more like a GTO with some Camaro body pannels.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 08-31-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge