Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
alamantia

looking for a good 350 block

I dont know if anyone saw my other post about the rocker question I had, but I recently bought an old azz wellcraft with a 1987 mercruiser 350 in it. I have yet to run the boat on the water but it sure fired right up and ran smooth on the trailer. But I am going to take a stab in the dark and say the motor isnt as good as it was durring the Reagan administration. I work for a machine shop with an over head 10 ton hoist and a garage door big enough to back an 18 wheeler in. Hummmmmmmmm... How hard could it be to swap a boat motor? Well, I dont plan on taking it out this year but what if I dunk it in greenwood lake in May and a rod decides to go AWOL on me, I dont have a back up motor. I could invest in a crate motor but its winter time and I am already bored. I have a garage with an engine stand and no engine. Id like to get my hands on a solid 350 block to bolt to my stand. The current motor in my boat has a 2 piece rear main, for some reason, not sure why, dont know that much about boats, I think I have to keep it a 2 piece rear main, something to do with the flywheel? idunno. I can buy brass freeze out plugs and start researching rotating assembly, cam and head options. I'd like the block to be a 4 bolt main, but 2 bolt would do. I would like the cylinders to be stock diameter and able to be cleaned up with just a hone. If anyone has anything they want to sell PM me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boat 5.jpg (66.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg boat 7.jpg (73.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
ZeroCool8891

i have 2 350 blocks ill pm you number its easyer for me.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
BonzoHansen
Admin.

It's 2 pc main because it was 1987. They were just coming with out with 1pc in cars at that point.

I have an uncut 4 bolt 2 pc main seal block and a cast crank. Hows $150?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I have a 454 block and heads...lol
Old 01-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
79camaro

PM inbound

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive