Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Greetings from Central...

Well, Doods and Doodettes, figured ubg would fire off a line or 3 while another sleepless night looms ahead...gotta take the wife in for chemo in the morning and I tend to get panic attacks with this looming, but if I take anything to sleep I'm screwed when it comes to getting up. And since I quit drinking I can't use that as a deadener. So, figured I'd write a bit...

Quick story: wife got stage 4 ovarian cancer over a year ago, at one point I was told she had less than a week to live. Well, a miracle happened, and she made it past that. After tons of chemo and wasting away to 1/2 of her former self, she was almost starting on the up and up, but then cancer was found in her lymph noids. So, now it's back to more chemo, more wasting away, and more horror story. Botom line: she's probably not going to make it through this again.

In the mean time, I've seen people's true colors, and have seen people I thought would have my back disappear faster than beer at an NJFBOA meet. Family has turned out to be a big "F" word. I've had people I barely know help me out, and her family hasn't shown me a dime, a meal, or even some uplifting phone calls. And by no means are they hurting for anything. And my own family hasn't been much better. My house is in foreclosure, and I had to shoot the few $ I had back in January to put an engine in my beater. Nothing like starting the new year with your timing chain tensioner fragging and eating a few crank bearings. Luckily I'm a good schmoozer and have been able to keep oil in the house and keep the lights on. But it gets old having a borrow a 20 spot from a guy at work on Monday so I can put gas in the car until payday.

Mentally I only keep trucking by the grace of God. A lot of times the only thing that gets me out of bed is knowing I have to go to work to get paid and keep my benefits going to pay the doc bills. I've had mega bouts with alcohol abuse and depression, and believe me, I still want to crawl inside a bottle most days. I had a good run with working out and lost over 75 lbs over the past few years, but I haven't been to the gym in weeks now. And I hate not working out. But my mind isn't there...

So, all I have to say to anyone who wants to listen is this: plan for those rainy days, as they WILL come! Don't blow your load on that blower or new hot rod engine unless you have that amount of money DOUBLED or more in the bank.

And get checked out if something ain't kosher with your health/body.

I still like seeing cool cars and bikes, but there is sooo much more to life than machines. I still have my Javelin, but it is going up on the block real soon. I know I'm gonna get raped $$$ wise, but when ya got nothing ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Welp that's it. Maybe I'll see some of you around town. I don't do the WWW much anymore. But if anyone wants to holla at me, e mail is

captainnicenj@yahoo.com

Cell is 732.816.5445

Best to all,

unstable bob gable

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
HardcoreZ28

Bob.....just keep taking it one day at a time man. It's the only thing you can do. Best of luck to you and your wife. I know it's hard but try to get yourself back in the gym for a little mental relief even if it's 2 or 3 days a week.

I'll have a little coin for you next week from all the t-shirt sales....will text you when I do.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
Blacdout96

Bob, I really am not sure what to say because I don't like repeating the same thing everyone has said already. Personally, I am bummed out at work after reading this. I can't believe all this is happening to you and your wife. It just begs the question why does bad things happen to good people. At the same time I feel helpless knowing my options to try and help at all are very limited.

You're a very strong individual, I would of quit a while back. You've made it this far, so don't give up, there will be brighter days for you and your wife, but as Hardcore said, take it one day at a time.

We are here for you as a car community, regardless of which website it's being posted on, and in years past, I've come to see cars are one of the strongest culture/hobby/enthusiest communities in the world. You can't be a stranger, so please post when you can, and I'm sure one way or another things will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 04-18-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Bob,

This is a hell of a card to be dealt in your life. I am very sorry to hear that you and your wife have to go through such a tough time. You are a strong dude so I know you'll make it through. But in the mean time I'll keep saying prayers for you guys.

Hang in there man!
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

bob i went threw something extremely similar with my moth threw my sophmore-jr-sr years of highschool. she also had ovarian cancer and was able to beat it once, but it came back and the second time her body just couldnt beat it. she passed a week after i graduated from school but she was able to attend my graduation. if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to call or txt me @ 201 739 2790.

i know how tuff and paintful this stuff can be...
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
TAdan

Hey Bob, good to hear from you. I sent an email your way. So sorry things arent going well right now. All I can do is offer you my encouragement. All the best to you and your wife.

The 1982-1984 Firebird Zone:
www.early3rdgen.com/forums
TAdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thanks to all for the well wishes. I always had a lot of fun here and about with you guys, even when it was WWW macho smack talk. LOl. I miss the days when I'd be up all night cyber brawling with you jabronies.

Yeah, cancer sucks, and I'm never surprised when I talk to people and don't have to explain much. The "Big C" has messed most of us up in some way, through friends, family, or personally. It took my mom when I was 12, and now it looks like it's gonna take my wife. Cancer is not a friend!

I have to smile when I'm told I'm "strong." Pffffft, I'm just a good actor! But thank God I have a vivid imagination. I can usually escape reality a bit by being the legendary legend that I am in my head. The other day when I was really bummed I threw in the Stallone movie "Demolition Man" and totally escaped for a couple hours. Whatever it takes...

And a big thanks to Hardcore Paul for the shirt sale. I've known Paul forever, as we both slung parts for a Strauss store back in the dark ages. He's always been an awesome broh, and I'm glad he found his spot to shine with his shop.

Welp, I gotta get on to work and make some green. Hope ya'll are well, and I'll try and keep in the loop. But if ya wanna put a smile on my puss drop me a line or call. I'd love to hear what yaz are working on or blowing up...lol

L8R,

-ubg

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

It's such a shame that this kind of thing still happens with all the advances in medicine. You know we're here for you, Bob.

I think of you every time I pour Amsoil in my jet skis, and when I signed up to be a preferred customer for the discount.

If you want something to take your mind off things, just check out chickenhawk's posts. They make your old BRICKA BRICKA BOOMs look tame.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
NastyEllEssWon

Man I wish I could say that I didn't understand what you're going through. Unfortunately I do. Nothing I can say here is gonna make any of this easier or better for you, so I won't try. I'll keep a glass raised here and hope for the best. Keeping in good spirits will be the hardest thing you'll have to do, if not for yourself, but for her. Here's to you
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Hang in there UB, like you said, it seems like it has pretty much affected all of us.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
edpontiac91

We often wonder who or what controls our daily lives. Can we cope with the outcome and the stress of what is dealt to us? Does it make us stronger or weaker dealing with the unknown? Try to look for any steps in the positive direction, no matter how small, and try to realize that we may have to prepare ourselves for a future without someone we love, but that they may be going to a better place where there is no more pain or suffering. God bless you and your wife and hope for the best.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Don't think there is anything I can say better than those who already have, but you and her are in my prayers, Bob. You got us if you need anything, just holler.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
12 Second Club

Hey man hang in there. One day at a time and sometimes it's just one hour at a time. You and your wife will be in our prayers. As you well know in life, when it rains it pours. And just when you think your going to settle in life has this uncanny knack of knocking you off your feet again. "BUT" it does get better and good times are around the corner. Try to find time to workout, even if only a short one. The release will help you mental state. Best Wishes and Good Luck!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
BonzoHansen
Admin.

good vibes ~~~~~~~

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Hang in there, Bob. You are a good man and very strong doing all that you do. Most people would have abandoned ship by now. Really shows your character.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
trashman01
15 Second Club

hey bob, you said your mind wasnt in the game for the gym, but you need a place to unwind and let loose, since your bout with alcohol abuse, your kicking the alcohol out(good idea imo) but get to the gym, turn some of the emotion into a ass kicking work out. good place to vent bro, i go to the gym after a crap day at work but you my sir are a ****ing trooper man, she'll keep battling if you keep battling yourself. besides, your the only one i kno who tossed soda at a ******* in traffic

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge