Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
zraffz

Waste management employees?

Anybody here work or have worked for Waste Management? I have been employeed by a local township's DPW for the past few years and am just looking for something new with better pay. The base pay is 3 grand more than i make with my overtime already. Anyway, I was one of many who applied for a roll off driver position and am one out of a handful who had an interview scheduled.

I believe the pay was $21 or $21.42/hour and anything over 40 hours was 1.5x pay.

How do they treat their employees? Is overtime as common as the lady on the phone made it sound (3-6 hours a week)? How often are you paid? How often do you get raises and how much is a raise on average? Am I going to hate a first shift set of hours (I'm used to being at work at six but the lady said as early as three)?
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

PM enRo. He doesn't work for them, but is in the industry so he may have some knowledge.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
enRo
13 Second Club

Don't get me started on Waste Management. I drive for Blue Diamond, been in the business for over 10 years, and I know a few thing about Waste. Ill just answer your questions.

You may apply for a roll-off job, but unless you have years of experience, you are more than likely going to start off by working on a rear packer, then work your way up. All refuse collection companies work like that.

25% of our employees have come from Waste, and I hear nothing but horror stories about them. They treat their employees like ****, and if you are close to the top of the pay scale, you basically have a target painted on you... which means if you mess up once, you're getting canned.

Overtime is always plentiful, expecially on roll-off and front end.

Raises are every year IIRC, about 25 - 50 cents.

Hours vary, but most start times are between 3:30am and 5:30am.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
zraffz

Thanks. Ended up doing my interview, they submitted me to the supervisor but got cold feet about it from many horror stories as I asked around more
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
trashman01
15 Second Club

dont forget the have that damn 10 life critical rules, break one and your fired. go find a local mom and pop, WM is a joke now-a-days

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge