Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 11-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #1
transamws686

YO paul I need a little help with my header bolts

Hey dude I tried to call ya. I think I have an exhaust leak, one wit the noise 2 power lose and 3 I know, any way I don't have a swivel head ratchet and my havds are to big so I was wondering if you were able to help
Bored .060 over, speed pro forged pistons, cat H braun rods, STOCK CRANK CUT .010 .010, ROLLER timing chain, melling 60lb oil pum, comp lifters, comp push rods .080 wall, speed pro molly rings, #62 heads fully ported, stainless valves 2.11X1.77,comp springs and retainers, clevitte bearings, Melling SPC-7 camshaft RAIII, QJ carb 700 cfm
transamws686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:02 PM   #2
SpeakersGoBoom

Calling Paul is an exercise in feutility. Of all the times Ive called him, he answered once and called me back twice i think.
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:18 PM   #3
The Fixer

It's all good, I think we got it fixed today. How's it running now Eric?? :fingers crossed:

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:00 AM   #4
transamws686

Dude I think I am going crazy.....LOL I jave had the leak so long I think I hear it. It is totaly gone and I love it power has returned.....but i Hvae heard that "fluttering" sound so often at three grand that I have come to expect it.

you guys should have seen it we are checking bolts, steve could't believe how tight of a squeeze it was, and in the end it turned out to be a air hose bolt loose on a primary .

BTW for anty of you have have not seen Steve's monte it is awsome!!

E
Bored .060 over, speed pro forged pistons, cat H braun rods, STOCK CRANK CUT .010 .010, ROLLER timing chain, melling 60lb oil pum, comp lifters, comp push rods .080 wall, speed pro molly rings, #62 heads fully ported, stainless valves 2.11X1.77,comp springs and retainers, clevitte bearings, Melling SPC-7 camshaft RAIII, QJ carb 700 cfm
transamws686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:55 AM   #5
V
Stalker

hey, i'm sorry i take forever to get back to anyone. Right now doing landscaping is keeping me busy as hell, i cant stand most customers, and yesterday i picked up the 87 GTA i just bought so i wasnt around most of the day. I'm glad steve could help you out, and again i apologize i couldnt get back to you sooner.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #6
SpeakersGoBoom

Paul, I have the option to trade my 700r4 to lexi in exchange for a 5 speed manual complete setup. Despite Eric's objection, I desperately want a manual transmission. Id drive a ford if it had a stick! Anyway, I was wondering if next sunday, if lexi, her dad and me brought it by you, ud be able to open it up and tell me if it was worth anything. I'm pretty sure it was by something Warner. Lexi, what was the brand name? I think the model was the ZR or something. thats what was tattooed onto the tranny. so yea, could u look at it next sunday?
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #7
V
Stalker

i never really got into transmissions so i really wouldnt know what i was looking at if i opened it up. The only type of swap i'd suggest into a 3rd gen is a borg warner t5 or t56, the t5 is the easiest swap, the t56 rewuires a few special parts. any other trans is going to be harder to install.retrofit. the zf you mentioned make sme think of the 80's vette trannys, maybe i'm mistaken. but if it is, its the 4+3 and i suggest dont waste your time on that. Find out what the trans is exactly and what it came out of, then you can go from there to see if its worth it.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:40 PM   #8
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
Paul, I have the option to trade my 700r4 to lexi in exchange for a 5 speed manual complete setup. Despite Eric's objection, I desperately want a manual transmission. Id drive a ford if it had a stick! Anyway, I was wondering if next sunday, if lexi, her dad and me brought it by you, ud be able to open it up and tell me if it was worth anything. I'm pretty sure it was by something Warner. Lexi, what was the brand name? I think the model was the ZR or something. thats what was tattooed onto the tranny. so yea, could u look at it next sunday?
Your going to cut her up

Better replace that rear end too.

then sell it back to me
Old 11-16-2004, 06:19 PM   #9
9secfirebird

if he wont do it, ill help

mike

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey