Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #26
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nin89 View Post
Yeah and post Nova it was its own car that has a huge following. The fact still stands about the nameplate.

And your on crack if you think the g8 is a fullsize car. Holden themselves disproved that by offering a longer version of it in saudi markets. A crown vic is a fullsize car, a caprice is a full size car, not a taurus lol.
Im on crack? The G8 is 200 inches long, its a true full sized car. The WM cars are very big cars, I believe longer then the B body Caprice.
G8 was classified as a full sized car. Malibu is Midsized.
Mythic stories means that the 409 powerd cars, the 427hp Big Blocks, etc etc make up a small percent of the Impala's that hit the road.
Most were 4 door or even station wagons.
You could also argue that the Impala SS could outperform a big block Impala of the 60's, so really what makes the current Impala SS a lesser car then the old car? Design? Time frame?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 AM   #27
NastyEllEssWon

wow al you just stick to that fanboy wagon true and true. the new impalibu's are disgraces to their nameplates. the same way the new camaro is a disgrace to its nameplate. why not just admit that gm dropped the ball and slapped names on generic cars that dont deserve them instead of being a tad bit original and actually designing cars with the nameplate picked out beforehand, instead of taking a car they designed and slapping a rehashed tired name on it in hopes of generating sales with nostalgia.

edit: also why are you name dropping gm cars in a mopar thread. no one mentioned gm until you. good job.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 09-22-2010 at 03:37 AM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #28
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Im on crack? The G8 is 200 inches long, its a true full sized car. The WM cars are very big cars, I believe longer then the B body Caprice.
G8 was classified as a full sized car. Malibu is Midsized.
Mythic stories means that the 409 powerd cars, the 427hp Big Blocks, etc etc make up a small percent of the Impala's that hit the road.
Most were 4 door or even station wagons.
You could also argue that the Impala SS could outperform a big block Impala of the 60's, so really what makes the current Impala SS a lesser car then the old car? Design? Time frame?
You are missing my point.

They were obviously not all kick ass cars, a very small percentage of them were. Using the '68 Nova as an example, 183,552 were made with 667 being L78 cars. That's .036%. I understand all that very clearly.

But the fact is that you had an option to go that route if you wanted to. And even the base models had some style. Some of the newer cars are very nondescript and bland. Nobody will be lusting over a 2002 Malibu or 2003 Impala when they are in their 40's.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #29
CJDZ24_Z28

The whole Chrysler line-up is garbage.
CJDZ24_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #30
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
But the fact is that you had an option to go that route if you wanted to. And even the base models had some style. Some of the newer cars are very nondescript and bland. Nobody will be lusting over a 2002 Malibu or 2003 Impala when they are in their 40's.
but the people who are now in their 50s and 60s and want a mid-sizer will remember their 66 Malibu when they go to dealer and look at the current Bu. That is the object, which I am sure you are well aware. and Nasty, sure they are a disgrace to the nameplate, but can you at least respect it as a sales strategy? (I don't, but thats a different story)
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #31
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28 View Post
The whole Chrysler line-up is garbage.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #32
BonzoHansen
Admin.

viper does not count, it is out of production correct?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #33
Featherburner

And Jeep is really AMC. Right?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #34
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
viper does not count, it is out of production correct?
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
And Jeep is really a last generation Benz. Right?
yup.

Last edited by qwikz28; 09-22-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #35
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
wow al you just stick to that fanboy wagon true and true. the new impalibu's are disgraces to their nameplates. the same way the new camaro is a disgrace to its nameplate. why not just admit that gm dropped the ball and slapped names on generic cars that dont deserve them instead of being a tad bit original and actually designing cars with the nameplate picked out beforehand, instead of taking a car they designed and slapping a rehashed tired name on it in hopes of generating sales with nostalgia.

edit: also why are you name dropping gm cars in a mopar thread. no one mentioned gm until you. good job.
That's your opinion.
I dont think that anyone that bought a Malibu is thinking about about any Malibu before it. Same goes for Impala.
GM, like chrysler and ford all get bashed for bringing back olds names, but when they stop using them, or change them up, they get more backlash.
The idea is that you have an established name, like Impala, Camaro, Suburban, names that have been around for 50+ years, and you dont stray away from them. People arent buying them for the history of it, but more of an established name, a name that they have heard before. It can also backfire. In fact, a big complaint is that the Big 3 switch names when things dont work out. If GM called the new Cruze or Volt, the Vega, dont you think there would be a problem? Or the Aveo, the Chevette?
It goes both ways.

All in all, you are trolling this thread. You added nothing but an attack to me in this discussion, and you should be banned. But that wont happen.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 09-22-2010 at 06:21 PM.
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #36
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
yup

yup.
Actually, the new GC is based off the CURRENT MB chassis that sits under the ML, GL, and R class.

Viper rumors right now are swirling around twice as much as Camaro ever was. With an Italian Automaker, who has control over such cars like the Alfa 8C, Maserati, and Ferrari...one can only hope. In fact, I heard that the brand new SLS was in fact Viper engineering that Benz stole before it bailed and left Dodge with nothing.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #37
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Viper rumors right now are swirling around twice as much as Camaro ever was. With an Italian Automaker, who has control over such cars like the Alfa 8C, Maserati, and Ferrari...one can only hope. In fact, I heard that the brand new SLS was in fact Viper engineering that Benz stole before it bailed and left Dodge with nothing.
SLS was the chassis double, it was confirmed a while back. Now there are rumors that Viper/Alfa 8C will share a chassis
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #38
Frosty

Rumors are flying that the Viper will be back. I didn't absorb the entire article I read but I think I remember reading the guy responsible for the Viper design has be rehired(I could be wrong though).
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #39
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Rumors are flying that the Viper will be back. I didn't absorb the entire article I read but I think I remember reading the guy responsible for the Viper design has be rehired(I could be wrong though).
Carroll Shelby? lol

Quote:
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #40
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Carroll Shelby? lol
No, some other guy. I don't know much about the Viper, not my cup of tea...I could care less who designs what...so I know no one's name in that side of the business lol
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #41
r0nin89

Quote:
All in all, you are trolling this thread. You added nothing but an attack to me in this discussion, and you should be banned. But that wont happen.
/butthurt

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #42
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Actually, the new GC is based off the CURRENT MB chassis that sits under the ML, GL, and R class.

I thought it was the old chassis. That makes me want that truck even more!

I heard that the next viper will be a rebadged 8C, although from what I've read, that isn't a good thing.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #43
BurninrubberGT

still to fat, like the rest of america

Last edited by BurninrubberGT; 09-23-2010 at 08:18 PM.
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge