Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #26
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91chevywt View Post
I pretty much always use the a/c in my truck. I can feel a difference in power, but oh well. It restricts gas mileage as well. I think its worth it to be cool in the summer and not sweating. My r-12 system is very cold which I like. I almost removed a/c, but i realized it was worth maybe 1-2 mpg for not using it so its not worth the effort
yeah i feel a difference in my civic with the ac. have the AC on and hit the gas...while ur hitting the gas turn the ac off and ull feel a little kick...

..unless im just hitting vtach.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #27
91chevywt

Having A/C on max vs no max shouldnt make a difference. When you put on max a/c, all you are really doing is recirculating the inside air and cooling that off again, instead of pulling air from the outside of the vehicle. Unless your compressor operates differently when switching on and off max, there should be no difference. Also if you notice on some cars, instead of there being a button that says MAX it will be a picture of a car with an arrow inside the car, while w/out max would be a picture of an arrow pusing air from the outside of the car.
91chevywt is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech