Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #26
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
and to the person that wished it two door. they used to make em. theyre called gto's
fixed.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #27
NastyEllEssWon

theyre still available, its not like its a hard to find car. go to any random gm dealer and youll see like 5 gto's sitting there not being bought until they price drop then down a little over 12
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #28
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
theyre still available, its not like its a hard to find car. go to any random gm dealer and youll see like 5 gto's sitting there not being bought until they price drop then down a little over 12
Trust me, I know I went GTO shopping last year and the one goat I found that I was on the verge of signing papers for, I decided to head home and think it over. Typed the VIN in google, came across a post on LS2 forums... someone posted the VIN and suspected the car he just purchased was involved in a wreck. Come to find out it was not only involved in a wreck, it was stolen too .
Old 09-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #29
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

It is marketing, get over it.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #30
ShadowHawk
13 Second Club

I left my .02, though it'll probably get deleted by the vagina moderators on LS1 Tech, my thoughts...in case they disappear over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk355x View Post
I'm amazed this is such a surprise to everyone. Yea I agree, dubbing this Firehawk is a direct slap in the face to the namesake, but GM's been sucking wind for years now. They'll bastardize any name imaginable to try and make a quick buck. Look at the "GTO"...lame. Now a new "Firehawk" 4 DOOR?! Congrats, you dropped the ball again, surprise surprise.

Look at the SS namesake, it means dirt now. Any pile of crap with an added 15-20hp gets an "SS" badge, YAY!! :wrist:

Keep an eye out, soon every GM car/truck with a supercharger will be dubbed "ZR1" because they "don't want to let the name die"...at least, not with dignity anyway.

Hate to be a hater but I hope this thing bites it, BIG TIME. GM deserves to take the hit for this intelligence failure of epic proportions.

But hey...at least the half dozen Firehawk owners who were used as consultants will buy one!
ShadowHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #31
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Its funny that across the internet, I think on every board, there is a similar thread condemning this action, but yet the enthusiasts have no actual say in the matter.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #32
mtg6486
12 Second Club

yea all we can do is just bitch and moan and there still going to do it. its all about $ they dont care about the customers
mtg6486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #33
LS1Hawk

Ed Hamburger is a jerk. Up until 5 mins ago, I liked SLP. But this is a TOTAL disgrace. Saying the enthusiasts don't matter. The original Firehawk IS an enthusiast's car. What enthusiasts does SLP think they will attract with this? All the G8 enthusiasts? Because if SLP hasn't noticed, that car isn't selling.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #34
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

But isn't the cold truth that most of the enthusiasts of the car, can't afford it anyway? So really they are trying to market it to a group that can afford it and don't realize the meaning behind the badging.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #35
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Hawk View Post
Ed Hamburger is a jerk. Up until 5 mins ago, I liked SLP. But this is a TOTAL disgrace.
I don't think Ed Hamburger owns SLP anymore. Does he?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #36
DaSkinnyGuy

Ok they failed the drug test, this is the firehawk....................

http://www.fquick.com/videos/1992_Firehawk_/138

This is as bad as the new knight rider being a mustang.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.

Last edited by DaSkinnyGuy; 09-22-2008 at 09:37 PM.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #37
BigAls87Z28

Hahaha...well, when Dave Hamburger said to a crowd of us at the CZ28 summit that they would be brining back the Firehawk name on the G8, the 2 Firehawk owners rolled thier eyes.
I looked at my table and someone goes "well, that should go over well with the Firebird fanboys."
I said "who cares...thier car is dead anyway. But Im sure this will be trumped up and bitched and moan about it"

For thoes that do give a ****, this same package or packages will be availble for the Camaro as well.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #38
DaSkinnyGuy

i asked dave if i could turn my moms chevy cobalt into a firehawk cobalt.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...1#post10156864
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #39
BigAls87Z28

Everyone's acting like they are putting this package on the ****in Vibe or the G6?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #40
DaSkinnyGuy

The name i just came up with do you like it?

Pontiac Shaker G8 by SLP performance. the shaker will shake the competion up and the ground when its massive v8 is let loose.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #41
91DropTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Everyone's acting like they are putting this package on the ****in Vibe or the G6?
they may as well...why not just throw some gsr swirls and a type r on it too
91DropTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #42
SteveR
I <3 sheep

I'm thinking that Dave Hamburger a-hole is in charge of SLP now. Since those brown nosers over at LS1tech decided to delete my posts, I'll share with you how clueless he is. Someone posted about how ghey the V6 would be and something about how why doesnt GM just throw some stickers on a stock G8 if its going to be that stupid, and Dave writes back "Firehawks were never built on GMs assembly line, they were all built on SLP's assembly line." That moron didn't even know that they were in fact built on GMs assembly line, and the Firebirds were then sent to SLP for modification. SLP doesnt even have an assembly line! Then for that retard to insult one of the posters was ridiculous. But the ass licking mods over there left all of Dave's posts up, but deleted a lot of the ones that call him out.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #43
BigAls87Z28

In the end, Firehawk is owned by SLP, not GM.

I also have a few Firehawk G8 poster things if anyone wants them. They look like the one posted on page 1.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 09-22-2008 at 10:33 PM.
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #44
NastyEllEssWon

this car is on par with the conversions they did on the gtp's. why not keep that going Pontiac G8 GTX. this is just milking a dying cow now. i never thought slp really had the greatest parts for our cars. the only thing i would ever own would be a firehawk. no more. theyve just dragged that name through the mud IMO

i also agree with the people that say gm ruined the SS badge. theyre really missing the point time and time again.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #45
Mike
BadMod

novas, malibus, and monte carlos were just regular old cars before the ss badge, they arent doing anything different now, you just dont think about the base model straight six glide cars.

im upset that everyone thinks my truck was a waste of the badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #46
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
this car is on par with the conversions they did on the gtp's. why not keep that going Pontiac G8 GTX. this is just milking a dying cow now. i never thought slp really had the greatest parts for our cars. the only thing i would ever own would be a firehawk. no more. theyve just dragged that name through the mud IMO

i also agree with the people that say gm ruined the SS badge. theyre really missing the point time and time again.
On par with GTP's? Obviously you have never driven the G8. There is nothing the GP is equal too on the G8. Nothing.
GM ruined the SS badge how? Turbo 4's? 400hp SUV's?
The SS badge was placed on a few sad vehicles, but every SS car now has to meet a certain criteria.
If it wasnt built by GMPD, then its not a real SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
novas, malibus, and monte carlos were just regular old cars before the ss badge, they arent doing anything different now, you just dont think about the base model straight six glide cars.

im upset that everyone thinks my truck was a waste of the badge
I dont think it was. I got to drive your truck at Indy as well Mike...man that thing is fun in the turns!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #47
NastyEllEssWon

the on par i meant is that it looks similar to their conversions done to the grand prix of the 90s it would be better to continue that style of badges going than dragging the firehawk name through the mud.

theres a few ss packages that are worth it but when you can order an n/a 2.4 5 speed cobalt with ss badges it demeans the value of the s/c or turbo ones. like you said there have been a few other namesakes that are questionable....

malibu maxxx ss???
Old 09-23-2008, 01:10 AM   #48
BigAls87Z28

The Malibu, former Impy and Monte SS's, and the old 2.4 Cobalt were "mistakes" and Chevy has fessed up about it. The new Malibu has no sport package, the 2.4 Cobalt is the "sport" trim, and the Impy is equiped with some GMPD equipment.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #49
firehawk1120

As a firehawk owner I'm not surprised by this at all. SLP has always done stuff to try to keep a dying fan base. Their site is garbage, they used to have a message forum where all the firehawk owners, ss owners, etc. for the cars they enhanced, NOT MADE, were able to BS and ask questions about their cars, get production numbers but they took it down claiming it was too expensive to maintain.

Trust me their quality control is AWFUL, my car took almost 5 months the 1st time and about the same the 2nd time and they could never tell me where the car was. Just that GM didn't have it anymore and it was somewhere on their lot. Great thanks. Then one day it just shows up at the dealership with no warning or notice. Having one I can tell you I'm not one of the owners that thinks it's any better, faster, more expensive then any other T/A out there. Just some simple body mods, and minor upgrades here and there. If I had to do it again I probably wouldn't spend the extra dough just for the name.

I think true car enthusiasts will know the original firebird Hawks from this pathetic attempt to keep the name out there. They are a business and in the end the only thing that EVER really matters is the bottom line not the customers or their feelings.
firehawk1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:09 AM   #50
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

The one thign I gotta say is, regardless of name, warratied supercharged G8 is ****ign badass.

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge