Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #601
Firebird92

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Yeah, they do. When people say "You can see the FAIL from space" they are the ones that verify it.
hhahhaha
Firebird92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #602
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

That job has a great benefits program I hear!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #603
BigAls87Z28

Actually...NASA uses GM to make its robots..

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010...10-035_R2.html

So what the Government said is that Toyota owners are dumber then owners of every other car....in the world.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #604
Clutch Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
GM doesn't get help from NASA
thats cause Obama and the goverment owns GM now...
2002 Silver Pontiac Trans Am #8150
Clutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #605
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Master View Post
thats cause Obama and the goverment owns GM now...
What does that have to do with anything?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #606
Clutch Master

if there was a "so called recall" with GM no one would have heard about it. Obama needs to get his money back from GM so they went after the company thats beating them.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #607
Frosty

I despise Obama as much as the next guy(except for Al who wants to make sweet man love to him) but that theory is ridiculous. Do you really think the government would orchestrate a huge Toyota recall? Toyota did it in part, to save face. They also started recalling a large number of other vehicles completely unrelated to the throttle issue. Did the government make them do that too?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #608
Clutch Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I despise Obama as much as the next guy(except for Al who wants to make sweet man love to him) but that theory is ridiculous. Do you really think the government would orchestrate a huge Toyota recall? Toyota did it in part, to save face. They also started recalling a large number of other vehicles completely unrelated to the throttle issue. Did the government make them do that too?
Absolutely, it came out just about the time that toyota passed GM in sales. Toyota also saved face by recalling every little BS issue cause they were under a microscope... now is the goverment gonna give back all the money that toyota paid in fines.... HELL NO. also the company that made the toyota pedals was an american company that was also installed on ford and other companies but you never heard 5h1t about them, i wonder why???

Last edited by Clutch Master; 02-10-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #609
Frosty

Toyota passed GM in sales before all that. It was before GM's bankruptcy as well(I think). Toyota got fined because they hid the problem and brushed it off. When people start dying people pay attention. I didn't hear about anyone dying while driving a Ford due to faulty throttle or pedals did you?

My first reaction was similar to yours....hmmm...the government has a huge stake in a car company, lets tarnish the competition but the more I thought about it the more it doesn't make sense. If Toyota slips it also hurts American workers.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #610
Clutch Master

Quote:
Toyota passed GM in sales before all that. It was before GM's bankruptcy as well(I think). Toyota got fined because they hid the problem and brushed it off. When people start dying people pay attention. I didn't hear about anyone dying while driving a Ford due to faulty throttle or pedals did you?

My first reaction was similar to yours....hmmm...the government has a huge stake in a car company, lets tarnish the competition but the more I thought about it the more it doesn't make sense. If Toyota slips it also hurts American workers.

It was after gm's bankruptcy, and as we can see now there was no problems. and also the people that died on the police reports there blood alcohol levels were above the legal limit and toyota knew this but saved face again and followed what the goverment wanted done.

all im saying is if it was gm with an issues like this it would not have been as big of an issue or circus show...
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #611
Frosty

So the people that died were drunk? Any actual proof?

Old 02-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #612
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Exactly. They hid the problem. That's bad. When you do that, that will kick off the witch hunt.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #613
LS1Hawk

Quote:
all im saying is if it was gm with an issues like this it would not have been as big of an issue or circus show...
Woah. Welcome to planet Mars...I'll be over there in my space ship...Seriously, for the past 30 years the media has blown up every little issue about the Big 3. Think Pinto, Explorer, etc (not that those didn't deserve attention). But I guarantee if it were GM, the media frenzy would have been even greater than what it was for Toyota. Even though this report "clears" Toyota from electronic problems, it doesn't hide the fact they have some of the most shady and clandestine business practices.

Last edited by LS1Hawk; 02-10-2011 at 08:55 AM.
LS1Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #614
Clutch Master

Quote:
So the people that died were drunk? Any actual proof?
our dealer was told from toyota about it when this first came about.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #615
Frosty

Quote:
our dealer was told from toyota about it when this first came about.
Right. So Toyota would divulge information to your dealership regarding information that would shield them from possible civil lawsuits? So Toyota Corporate and their legal team decided to let your dealership know that everyone was just drunk and that's why they crashed their cars? C'mon man. Why didn't Toyota come out and use that information to counter the growing ****storm that was surrounding their cars?

Sounds like someone at your dealership was making up stuff to feel important.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #616
Clutch Master

Quote:
Right. So Toyota would divulge information to your dealership regarding information that would shield them from possible civil lawsuits? So Toyota Corporate and their legal team decided to let your dealership know that everyone was just drunk and that's why they crashed their cars? C'mon man. Why didn't Toyota come out and use that information to counter the growing ****storm that was surrounding their cars?

Sounds like someone at your dealership was making up stuff to feel important.

your right, im wrong. what was i thinking....
Old 02-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #617
Frosty

I'm just saying, was there any actual proof these people were drunk?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #618
Clutch Master

i dont personally have the accident reports but our dealer wasnt the only ones told about it.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #619
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
i dont personally have the accident reports but our dealer wasnt the only ones told about it.
Yeah that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard! Nobody in their right minds would recall 12 million cars because of drunk driving/user error (if that was truly the issue) LOL And if that's the rumor you want to believe, then what good came out of following 'what the goverment wanted done'? They not only lost sales galore and spent tons on recalls fixing nothing, but also paid the biggest fine for throwing stuff under the rug and getting caught.

You never heard anything about Toyota until this point because they were good about customer service and hiding things. But after the whole accident in CA and the media focusing on it Toyota underwent investigations and that's where all hell broke loose for them.
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #620
Clutch Master

personally i thought it was the greatest things for the techs cause we made A KILLING cause of the recalls so we just laughed all the way to the bank knowing there was nothing wrong...
Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #621
BigAls87Z28

Yeah, nothing wrong. There were plenty of people that were not drunk, even some that have filmed it on youtube.
But I guess they were drunk too. It was all Obama, trying to bring down Toyota because they own GM. You figured it out. Toyota has quality issues all over the place. The throttle issue was just ONE issue. How about all the engine and trans failures on the Tundra? How about the delaminating doors on the Sienna? Or the cracked/twisted frames on FJ's? How about the rusting frames on Tacomas? Sludge motors? This is all within the last 10 years.
Toyota tried to become #1, and by doing that they cut corners and pushed for greater margins. It shows in all the new cars. Venza's interior is substandard to Toyotas of a decade ago. Corolla went down market and lost any advantage over the new batch of compacts it had.
Wont be another 3 years til Toyota starts to recover from this, thats if there is no other problem.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #622
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
personally i thought it was the greatest things for the techs cause we made A KILLING cause of the recalls so we just laughed all the way to the bank knowing there was nothing wrong...
Then why are you complaining? You clearly made out well along with GM because of the governments false accusations against Toyota LOL You should be thanking Obama and the NHTSA for keeping/creating jobs in America and offsetting the massive debt by stealing the wealth of Toyota haha
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #623
quickkris2006

fail!!!
quickkris2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #624
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Moral of story: Drunk people make Toyota techs money.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #625
Clutch Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Moral of story: Drunk people make Toyota techs money.
Oh hell yeah!!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge