Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #51
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
GM engineers designed our window motors.
Game. Set. Match.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #52
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
GM engineers designed our window motors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
Game. Set. Match.
I would be willing to bet that GM merely subcontracted that part, no way GM designed a window motor.

The better choice would be the optispark.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #53
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
I would be willing to bet that GM merely subcontracted that part, no way GM designed a window motor.

Thought of that after I posted it. We could come up with a list of examples a mile long of instances where GM had a bad design, or where GM cut corners to save costs to no benefit to the consumer.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #54
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
I call that more of "Great idea, poor execution"

TBI seems to be another example ...

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #55
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Do you guys realize how many window regulators explode now-a-days with their metal cables routed through plastic pieces? And how our motors are like $35 while motor/regulators are $100+?

Ignorance is lulz.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #56
LTb1ow

Where did our Fram rep go?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #57
BurninrubberGT

I have never had a problem with a fram filter, guess I'm in the minority lol
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #58
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Do you guys realize how many window regulators explode now-a-days with their metal cables routed through plastic pieces? And how our motors are like $35 while motor/regulators are $100+?

Ignorance is lulz.
In the last ten years that I have owned and used other people's cars only 1 of them game me problems when it came to window motors. I'll let you guess which one that was.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #59
usp55

I just wanted to share my most recent experience with purolator .

First off, I love the comercials and I switch from a fram to a purolator on my tahoe. I'll never use a purolator again. I would get 40psi at idle and 50-55psi at highwats speeds since I bought it.
With the purolator I could only muster up 30-35 at idle and 45 on the highway. I also noticed a very distinct vibration in my gas pedal. I though I was going nutz and the vibration was in my head so I sent my brother to the store and he said the same thing. After a week and a half i decided to pull it and change back to a fram and psi went back to normal. My brother and I couldnt feel the vibration anymore.

Now I didnt use a pureOne - didnt know there was an option, but still the baseline fram worked better for me.

Last edited by usp55; 04-17-2012 at 08:20 AM.
usp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #60
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
In the last ten years that I have owned and used other people's cars only 1 of them game me problems when it came to window motors. I'll let you guess which one that was.
Ah ok, I deal with this **** daily but your opinion is definitely not null and void.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #61
motorking

Truth Knowledge no BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorking View Post
Unburn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecpkvsnKKNg

Open for questions, ready to shovel the lies and BS away from the Purolater company that is afraid to reveal how poorly their filters work compared to anything Fram makes. Jay.Buckley@Framgrp.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFVNESOwLyk
motorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #62
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Another Fram sponsored video endorsing a Fram product
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #63
motorking

really

Quote:
Another Fram sponsored video endorsing a Fram product
Honestly? I know the beginning is pretty commercial but the actual video simply explains why we use it, how we test it and who else uses it. We have made 2 billion filters this way since 1961. If it didn't work, we wouldn't be in business.
It is pretty sad commentary when the only thing our competitors can do for advertising is to "slam fram". Would you buy an F body because GM used ads that said "the mustang really sucks"? Really should taking the high road and explaining why their product is better. Purolator advertises efficiency ratings based on 25 micron size even though all major automakers recognize it is particle sizes in the 10-20 micron range that are most harmful to engine wear. FRAM tests to the 10-20 micron size and advertises efficiency based on that particle size. Any filter is good at removing bowling balls from your oil.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #64
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Seems legit bro, care to explain again?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #65
LTb1ow

Wait, why is there bowling balls in oil? Is that a new thing?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #66
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

One should not question the motor king.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #67
OG

Okay just so we're all in agreement... Stick to wix?
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #68
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

No, rubber band a pizza box to your filter adapter. Le derp.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #69
Blacdout96

Quote:
Honestly? I know the beginning is pretty commercial but the actual video simply explains why we use it, how we test it and who else uses it.
Your video is made the same way all Honeywell product video's are: A huge shelf of your product behind you, and elevator music rocking the joint. The only difference is that unlike the other products, who explain how the product works in relations to the engine, and that's it, you guys defend of why you produce your filter the way you do.

Quote:
We have made 2 billion filters this way since 1961. If it didn't work, we wouldn't be in business.
It's not your product that keeps you in business, its the advertising blitz you do that grabs the attention of the easily dim witted person. How do you thing QVC is still in business after all these years, selling things like steaks, and never dull knives? All it takes is the right marketing personel.

Quote:
It is pretty sad commentary when the only thing our competitors can do for advertising is to "slam fram". Would you buy an F body because GM used ads that said "the mustang really sucks"?
Just like your competitors, GM has not needed to do that for the past 45+ years. The magazines, test shows, and at the track has done that for them.

Quote:
Really should taking the high road and explaining why their product is better. Purolator advertises efficiency ratings based on 25 micron size even though all major automakers recognize it is particle sizes in the 10-20 micron range that are most harmful to engine wear. FRAM tests to the 10-20 micron size and advertises efficiency based on that particle size. Any filter is good at removing bowling balls from your oil.
This is the first time I have heard FRAM go on the offense in why their product is better, you guys are usually on the defense. And if the market is "slamming" you for using fiber ends, why don't you change to meet the markets and competitors complaint of you using them? We understand your manufacturing plants aren't local to the U.S. anymore, so some money should of been saved there. Start putting metal end caps on the end, and this whole ad compaign would be over.
How do you think Champion went from King of the hill, being used in Ferrari's and everything else that was performance, to barely wanting to be used in lawnmowers today? All it took was the Malaise era, a bad decade of plug service since the emissions and performance aspects of engines were changing everyday, and a good campaign by fellow spark plug company's to knock them off. Autolite should know something about that, they're part of your friendly Honeywell family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 05-04-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #70
Blacdout96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R09Vc6tkDh0

Now that's how you make a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 05-04-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #71
motorking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurninrubberGT View Post
I have never had a problem with a fram filter, guess I'm in the minority lol
that would put you in the vast majority. We make 200 million filters a year
Old 05-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #72
motorking

Quote:
Seems legit bro, care to explain again?
The end cap in a filter is only there to seal the ends of the filter media. A fiber end cap seals better than metal. Ever glue something to a smooth surface? The fiber end cap has a porous surface and provides a much better bond.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #73
motorking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Your video is made the same way all Honeywell product video's are: A huge shelf of your product behind you, and elevator music rocking the joint. The only difference is that unlike the other products, who explain how the product works in relations to the engine, and that's it, you guys defend of why you produce your filter the way you do.
What part does Purolator explain why the product is better?

GM, Bentley, Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW all use fiber end caps or no end caps at all. Market demand? We have 50% market share.

It's not your product that keeps you in business, its the advertising blitz you do that grabs the attention of the easily dim witted person. How do you thing QVC is still in business after all these years, selling things like steaks, and never dull knives? All it takes is the right marketing personel.

Just like your competitors, GM has not needed to do that for the past 45+ years. The magazines, test shows, and at the track has done that for them.

This is the first time I have heard FRAM go on the offense in why their product is better, you guys are usually on the defense. And if the market is "slamming" you for using fiber ends, why don't you change to meet the markets and competitors complaint of you using them? We understand your manufacturing plants aren't local to the U.S. anymore,

ALL FRAM plants are in the USA dude.

so some money should of been saved there. Start putting metal end caps on the end, and this whole ad compaign would be over.
How do you think Champion went from King of the hill, being used in Ferrari's and everything else that was performance, to barely wanting to be used in lawnmowers today? All it took was the Malaise era, a bad decade of plug service since the emissions and performance aspects of engines were changing everyday, and a good campaign by fellow spark plug company's to knock them off. Autolite should know something about that, they're part of your friendly Honeywell family.
And happily making AC Delco plugs.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #74
motorking

Quote:
Thought of that after I posted it. We could come up with a list of examples a mile long of instances where GM had a bad design, or where GM cut corners to save costs to no benefit to the consumer.
Yes, I have a CTS-V with paint peeling off the radio knobs and pile of crap for a differential
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #75
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Why not use sintered metal for end caps?
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Tags
framboi