Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #51
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
in the new bizarro world people dont toss back beers with random unknown people off the internet. i also come from a very diverse background...ive grown up dirt poor, lived in san jose cali rich as hell for 3 years, only to come back to nj with what i had left. i didnt see any post about you or your beers...even if i had i probably wouldnt have come anyway seeing as i had no idea who the hell you are....but people are busy and cant drop everything to show up....i wont drink a beer or a sip of alcohol if im driving....this thread fails

edit:: i also dont see how anyone pooped on you by not coming?
people are busy...time is money...if you offer people the money they would miss if they came to your house instead of work id bet everyone on this site would show up.
Well, first up, this "random unknown person off the Internet" has a relationship w/ the NJ F body world going back to when there wasn't an NJFBOA club. And with the NJ hot rodding scene well before there was even a WWW. And you popping in here while the credits are rolling basically means you missed the whole movie. But you can have what ever opinions you want, because you know what they say about opinions. And I'm not going to get into a pizzing match with you, because frankly I'm sick of WWW shrinks, noah-talls, and tuff guys wanting to see who has a larger pee pee at the WWW urinal.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!

Last edited by unstable bob gable; 06-11-2008 at 12:41 AM.
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #52
NastyEllEssWon

im not showing off me e-testicles im just saying.
you sound unreasonable
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #53
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Quote:
im not showing off me e-testicles im just saying.
you sound unreasonable
Well, here's my bowl of pudding: I tried to do something nice for people, people were unresponsive, I voiced my dissatisfaction, and I get jumped on by people whom I've never met, who have never done anything for or with me, and frankly should have nothing to say on the matter. If the people who have been in the trenches with me said "look man, STFU already!" I prolly would. *Shrug* like I said, I like the "real world" better than the WWW. In the real world I still believe in helping my fellow man, but in the same breath I expect to not get my hand cut off if I extend it in friendship or need.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 AM   #54
NastyEllEssWon

nah man i understand completely what your saying...im just saying as one of the random unknown people on the internet most people probably wouldnt show up to an open invitation...it just seems kind of rude to impose and show up at someones place that you never met....kinda like a nuetral ground thing....
like you said, i probably have no bearing on what to say on this beings i dont know you and probably will never.

its just sometimes easier to see the entire football game sitting high up here in the stands than to be on the sidelines
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 AM   #55
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
nah man i understand completely what your saying...im just saying as one of the random unknown people on the internet most people probably wouldnt show up to an open invitation...it just seems kind of rude to impose and show up at someones place that you never met....kinda like a nuetral ground thing....
like you said, i probably have no bearing on what to say on this beings i dont know you and probably will never.

its just sometimes easier to see the entire football game sitting high up here in the stands than to be on the sidelines
You have valid points, and I guess alot of it has to do with a person's "real" personality traits. Some people zig and some zag. And it's all good.
And the bottom line is we are all here because we are fans of the mighty F body, right?

Old 06-11-2008, 02:41 AM   #56
NastyEllEssWon

ill drink to that any day!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #57
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

this thread really needs this

uhh... nws for language? so ill just link it up

http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com.../72-6chill.gif

bob, you got my number, hit that up next time and I'll see what I can do. Actually, I will be sending you and a few other people here messages with my addy real soon... gonna need some hands...

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #58
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah View Post
this thread really needs this

uhh... nws for language? so ill just link it up

http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com.../72-6chill.gif

bob, you got my number, hit that up next time and I'll see what I can do. Actually, I will be sending you and a few other people here messages with my addy real soon... gonna need some hands...
Hey Fidget,
I will admit that you are on my NON F'd up list. You've been a REAL friend and have showed up at ubg meets and other functions. So, if there is any way I can help yer short azz out I will.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:15 AM   #59
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Wow, I just had a flashback to MAFBA! Coooooolllllll.........
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #60
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
Wow, I just had a flashback to MAFBA! Coooooolllllll.........
Yup. Now THAT was a club of good times!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #61
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

how far away are you from me 08724? gotta admit it would be a little strange showin up at someones door. and plus i don't drink when i have work in the mornin. but you do seem like a cool dood!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #62
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
how far away are you from me 08724? gotta admit it would be a little strange showin up at someones door. and plus i don't drink when i have work in the mornin. but you do seem like a cool dood!
BMX,
ASFAIK you are say 52-55 miles form me, which would put ya at a 1 hr XXX min drive. But here is a win-win situation you might want to look into: The July NJFBOA meet is gonna be down on my turf. It is a very important meet, too, because there is going to be a blood drive involved. And ubg is ALL ABOUT giving back to the community. So, I'm going to be there, and I'll gonna try to get knuckleheads from my site involved. It is at a nice, big park, so everyone will be able to be out in nature and relax. And since it's a "public" meet, no drinkin' will be involved, so no worries about having to drive blind and deal with the law. So, come on out and decide if I am a cool dood or not!

Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #63
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

More details por favor?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #64
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

hahaha maybe ill try and get some of my doods to come to! maybe a couple chicks? who doesn't like females???
Old 06-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #65
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
More details por favor?
I haven't seen any dates for this posted yet. I p/m'd Justin about it, so we'll see wha he sez...

Old 06-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #66
Z28 Heritage

Hey, Me and the old man would be honored to meet UBG...Where are you located? We're in Tinton Falls. We'll fire up the old Monte SS and do a road trip.
Z28 Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 AM   #67
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92camarodude View Post
Hey, Me and the old man would be honored to meet UBG...Where are you located? We're in Tinton Falls. We'll fire up the old Monte SS and do a road trip.
My addy is: 607 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset NJ 08873. Like I told the fellers above, the July meet will def be a go to meet and greet ubg. Or we can set something up for some weekend. I'd be happy to have a Monte around. Haven't hung by one 'o those in a while...

Old 06-12-2008, 03:06 AM   #68
NumberTwo
13 Second Club

On a side note... Having met UBG on many occasions the guy is a great person to talk to. Hell, I almost hired the guy to work for me before being laid off (I never met him before talking to him from here).

Of this board he is 1 of 3 I am comfortable with. Kat being #1, Frosty being #2. All that aside what is the big deal venturing and meeting new people? I plan on going to Jerseyboy or whatever his username's house to help gopher tools and whatever. If Kat goes, or doesnt, Ill be there. If Im rejected (Which I dont think I will) Ill just go to my friends bar for dinner, or home. Not too hard to decide.

I can understand where UBG is coming from because I have frequented this board a lot before I actually registered and have done drive thru's of the "Gatherings" held here. The ones Ive been "Thru" werent huge turnouts and well... Its disappointing.

The gas prices are a BS excuse. I am far from rich but I can afford the 4.05 premuim my Z calls for. I am also currently unemployed, married and have a ****load of bills. Heat? My car hates the heat being I only have one fan cooling a 16 yr old rad and a 16 yr old WP churning it all. But I made it to his house. We can all make excuses and in our own minds they are all relevent but UBG is from an era where "Friends" come and gather to help VIA tools or talk. Im only 33 but maybe Im dating myself. Its ******** to some, but relevent to others.

Just my .02
NumberTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #69
NumberTwo
13 Second Club

Id do the blood drive but I have taken meds that will interfer with my donating. Plus Ive had a tattoo within a year of the drive date.

Last edited by NumberTwo; 06-12-2008 at 03:07 AM.
NumberTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #70
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
My addy is: 607 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset NJ 08873. Like I told the fellers above, the July meet will def be a go to meet and greet ubg. Or we can set something up for some weekend. I'd be happy to have a Monte around. Haven't hung by one 'o those in a while...
Bob, with more notice I would have been there. My wife was gone for the day and I was sitting on my ass. Not to mention that you are pretty much only 15 minutes away from me. Let me know about your July get together.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #71
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberTwo View Post
On a side note... Having met UBG on many occasions the guy is a great person to talk to. Hell, I almost hired the guy to work for me before being laid off (I never met him before talking to him from here).

Of this board he is 1 of 3 I am comfortable with. Kat being #1, Frosty being #2. All that aside what is the big deal venturing and meeting new people? I plan on going to Jerseyboy or whatever his username's house to help gopher tools and whatever. If Kat goes, or doesnt, Ill be there. If Im rejected (Which I dont think I will) Ill just go to my friends bar for dinner, or home. Not too hard to decide.

I can understand where UBG is coming from because I have frequented this board a lot before I actually registered and have done drive thru's of the "Gatherings" held here. The ones Ive been "Thru" werent huge turnouts and well... Its disappointing.

The gas prices are a BS excuse. I am far from rich but I can afford the 4.05 premuim my Z calls for. I am also currently unemployed, married and have a ****load of bills. Heat? My car hates the heat being I only have one fan cooling a 16 yr old rad and a 16 yr old WP churning it all. But I made it to his house. We can all make excuses and in our own minds they are all relevent but UBG is from an era where "Friends" come and gather to help VIA tools or talk. Im only 33 but maybe Im dating myself. Its ******** to some, but relevent to others.

Just my .02
Kirk, you're from the Old Skool/Good Skool era like me. And I thank you for that.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #72
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Bob, with more notice I would have been there. My wife was gone for the day and I was sitting on my ass. Not to mention that you are pretty much only 15 minutes away from me. Let me know about your July get together.
Well, Wild Bill, the July meet is really gonna be on your turf. You know where Duke Island park is, right?
I really wanna hang out with you sometime. I get inspiration by seeing other peeps projects, and picking up some knowledge. I'll be ringing you up.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #73
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Last time I gave blood I almost passed out. That's what I get for having like 5 hrs of sleep, then having just a donut on my way to the blood drive. Lesson learned . Actually I wasn't laughing at the time, it was a really strange, bad feeling. I barely got out "stop" while I had enough breath to speak.

Lesson learned.

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #74
BigAls87Z28

Uh yeah, no blood for me thanks.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #75
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Pansies.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge