Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #51
jims69camaro

don't forget the convertible due out soon...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #52
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Chevy already has the RWD Camaro & Corvette. Give the G8 to Buick and make it a GSX.
Wasn't the GSX a 2dr though? I think you might have some backlash from that.

I agree about the imp/malibu, they should not be the same car but basically are as far as size & style goes, not a big fan.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #53
BonzoHansen
Admin.

The G8 follows the BMW lead that a 4dr can be a performance sedan. At this point the buick faithful might just take it! They've had nothing since 1987.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #54
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

IMO I never bought my fbodies for back seat room, I bought them for great performance as a good price(in most cases for less than 1/2 the price of a vette).

I mean look at the infinity g35/37, if you are buying one as a family car you were tokin on a crack pipe while you were negociating

I bought all of my fbodies when they were practical for me, either I was single, dating, married with no children or married with 1 child. Would I buy a new $32,000 Camaro with a wife & 3 kids in this economy? Hell no. Would I buy one used in 3 or 4 years? Maybe. I would love to pick up another 4th gen butbeing a bit older with kids most in my position would understand its just not feasible to buy a $30+k car that only seats 4, 2 uncomfortably in most cases.

A slightly used G8 would be a better choice for me now just because it can hold 4 people comfortably for the most part and has nearly the same performance as a new camaro.

I love my fbodies but I'm not going to buy one just to buy one there needs to be a time & reason...and I'll be honest those "vibration dampners" did not instill much confidence...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #55
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
The G8 follows the BMW lead that a 4dr can be a performance sedan. At this point the buick faithful might just take it! They've had nothing since 1987.
The buick faithful are 70+ year old's driving their 01 Park avenues

In total there were only ~35k GN's produced in 86-87...lets say 10k of those are "faithfuls" 10k worth of sales really isn't that good IMO.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #56
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Then there is no backlash, lol. I just see it as building the brand, since it's the only one left.

And I remind loyal readers my back seat bitch is directly proportional to the size of the car.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #57
BigAls87Z28

Buick is getting Opel cars. And while the Commodore is sold over in Europe as a Vauxhaul, I dont see it coming in and fitting the new Opel design language.

Impala can continue to take fleet sales while G8 is converted to Caprice as a low-volume fullsized performance sedan.
The LaX is bigger then the G8, and Buick is looking to add a smaller vehicle, not larger.
Commodore would be a great addition to Chevy.

Unless yoru kids are as big as me, they should have no problem. I sat in the back seat of my 87 till I was 14
Old 05-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #58
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Buick Power!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge