Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #51
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

the one on the right looks better.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #52
V
Stalker

i stopped by yesterday at a dealer to look at one, i cant say i was impressed. first off, as i pulled up to it, i realized it is kinda short, and short like boxy short bus short. then i look at the seats, they are like 1st class airplane seats, and boxy where they block off almost the rest of the interior, almost too big and chiseled for my taste. not to then mention the near non-existant rear leg room... wow it shouldnt even be a 4 seater. to top that off, the interior is pretty plain but ok.

now keep in mind, i never bashed this car, i thought it was always cool just i liked the camaro more. and yet after seeing a srt8 in person im definately going camaro, unless that comes out as bad, lol.

Last edited by V; 07-13-2008 at 08:41 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #53
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS View Post
not to then mention the near non-existant rear leg room... wow it shouldnt even be a 4 seater. to top that off, the interior is pretty plain but ok.

They manage to make it worse than a 4th gen?

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #54
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah View Post
They manage to make it worse than a 4th gen?

with the seats at what appeared be be normal dsiatnce for your average driver, i saw like 8" of leg room
Old 07-13-2008, 10:48 AM   #55
Fleetwiz

One of the other boards I frequent in Cali they had "market Adjustment Price" of 20K
I'll go find the link

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126103

about 2/3 way down

Last edited by Fleetwiz; 07-13-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Fleetwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #56
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I dug thru the link so nobody else would have to:

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.

Last edited by Savage_Messiah; 07-13-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #57
Fleetwiz

Thanks... aint no way it's worth 62K+

Last edited by Fleetwiz; 07-13-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Fleetwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #58
V
Stalker

the one i looked at was sticker at 41,xxx
Old 07-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #59
maroman88
12 Second Club

they had 2 at wiskey last night with the windows stickers in em with a 30k market adjustment.... over 70k! for a 41k$ car that in a month will sell for 40k new
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #60
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Ho Humm, these Challengers are everywhere already. They planned it out to swamp the market with the release. No way I would even pay $41K for one of those cars, but it's a nice retro car. Too bad it's built by Dodge! They're played out already!

-
Old 07-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #61
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah View Post
I dug thru the link so nobody else would have to:

there really should be a law against dealerships pulling that crap.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #62
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

maybe if the jackasses with money didn't buy them, the new car world would be a better place
Old 07-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #63
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
maybe if the jackasses with money didn't buy them, the new car world would be a better place
yea, I agree, but good luck with that From the Ford GT going for double sticker, to the Shelby GT500s going for 20 over, to the Challenger, tho the ZR-1, and most certainly, the new Camaro. With all the hype and the fact the prototype was out before the dinosaurs were extinct, I bet they'll mark the crap up out of it. But dummies will still buy them marked up.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
Old 07-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #64
Jam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
yea, I agree, but good luck with that From the Ford GT going for double sticker, to the Shelby GT500s going for 20 over, to the Challenger, tho the ZR-1, and most certainly, the new Camaro. With all the hype and the fact the prototype was out before the dinosaurs were extinct, I bet they'll mark the crap up out of it. But dummies will still buy them marked up.
sooooooooo true
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #65
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

$
Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #66
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
It's nothing new. When the C5 Vette came out dealers were charging $50 for the brochure. Again it's simple supply and demand dictating prices.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #67
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

anybody other than me and steve see the commercial during the race sunday night for the new drag race package car? mmmmmm

Quote:
Mopar Reveals Dodge Challenger Drag Race Package Cars

Mopar® is bringing the iconic Dodge Challenger muscle car to National Hot Road Association (NHRA) drag-racing competition. Mopar revealed two Dodge Challenger Drag Race Package Cars at the 29th Annual Mopar Mile-High Nationals today before thrilled fans at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colo. Mopar Mile-High Nationals is the longest-running NHRA sponsorship.

“Big Daddy” Don Garlits and Judy “Miss Mighty Mopar” Lilly were behind the wheels for their inaugural track run. Garlits drove the car featuring the Stone White paint scheme. Lilly was behind the wheel of the “Mopar Liquid Metal” prototype. NHRA named Garlits the #1 driver of the Top 50 drivers from its first 50 years. His victories and accomplishments are virtually unmatched in drag-racing history. “Miss Mighty Mopar” is one of the female pioneers in drag racing. Spending 12 years on the NHRA circuit, Lilly is the only female driver to win two NHRA national events in one year.

Mopar built the first two Challenger Drag Race Package Cars for development and testing for its new Challenger Package Car program. Based on the Challenger SRT8®, the prototypes were finished in Stock Eliminator configuration. They ran successfully in June 2008 as proof-of-concept and for NHRA certification. Mopar dropped approximately 1,000 lbs. off the production Challenger SRT8 by eliminating major production components and systems. To accentuate the weight savings, they also feature added composite, polycarbonate and lightweight components designed for drag racing that will be part of the new Package Car program.

The engine was repositioned to improve driveline angle and weight distribution. The 116-inch wheelbase was shortened by ½ inch. They also feature a front cradle with bolt-in crossmember and solid engine mounts.

“Today is a great day for Mopar, Dodge, SRT, drag racers and motorsports enthusiasts everywhere. Not made for the streets, our drag-race-only Challengers will be running soon in NHRA competition—the best grassroots racing series in the world,” said Sunil Lahoti, Mopar Marketing and Brand Manager, Chrysler LLC. “And who better to drive our new Challenger Package Cars on their inaugural track run than ‘Big Daddy’ and ‘Miss Mighty Mopar’—the greatest drag racer of all time and a female pioneer of the sport.”

New Dodge Challenger Drag Race Package Car Program by Mopar

The first drag-race, factory-prepped package cars built in 40 years, the new Challenger Drag Race Package Car by Mopar builds on the heritage of the limited-edition 1968 HEMI®-powered Package Cars. Those ‘68 Dodge Darts and Plymouth Barracudas solidified the Mopar brand as a quarter-mile force.

Mopar will build a minimum of 100 Challenger Drag Race Package Cars to meet NHRA requirements. Based on the production Dodge Challenger SRT8, Mopar’s modern factory-prepped Challenger Drag Race Package Car will begin as a special Body-in-White (BIW) from Chrysler’s Brampton, Ontario, Canada, assembly plant. The body sealer, sound deadener and undercoat will be eliminated. To reduce vehicle weight, major production component and systems will also be eliminated including: windshield wiper assembly, complete HVAC system, all airbag components, rear seats, power steering system, exhaust system and underbody heat shields, cross-car and side impact door beams, rear bumper beam and rear deck lid spoiler.

The drag racer has three engine options—6.1-liter or 5.7-liter HEMI or 5.9-liter Magnum® Wedge—as well as manual or automatic transmission.

A build book/owner’s manual will be provided to document the modifications made to the Challenger SRT8 as well as provide recommendations to finish the Package Car for Stock Eliminator competition. To accentuate weight savings, there are unique drag-race components in the Package Car program including: composite lift-off hood with functional scoop, Viper-style front seats, polycarbonate door windows, lightweight cooling module with electric fan, manual rack and pinion steering, special cable-operated deck lid release, special lightweight front brake assembly and special cable-operated throttle linkage and pedal assembly.

The Challenger Drag Race Package Car will be eligible to run in three Eliminator categories—Comp, Super Stock and Stock—and potentially 40 classes.

Depending upon the configuration selected, the U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the Challenger Drag Race Package Car program will range from the low to mid $30s. Each car will carry an identification plate with sequential serial number.

The Challenger Drag Race Package Car will be available for order in late August to early September. A toll-free number will be designated for ordering. Details will be posted on www.mopar.com.
Now in its fifth decade, NHRA is the world’s largest motorsports sanctioning body with 80,000 members, 140 member tracks, more than 35,000 licensed competitors and more than 5,000 member-track events. NHRA is second only to NASCAR in terms of fan attendance.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #68
Jam
Banned

wow approximately 1000lbs eliminated.......
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #69
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

I stopped at a near by dodge dealership today while I was test driving a customers car the mark up was 15K putting the price at about 57K. sorry for the quality, its just a cell phone pic.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #70
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

cool hood
Old 07-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #71
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Hmmmm, are these race package cars going to be street legal and pass all safety stuff? Or are they "for off-road use only" like the old stuff?

-
Old 07-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #72
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
Hmmmm, are these race package cars going to be street legal and pass all safety stuff? Or are they "for off-road use only" like the old stuff?

-
race only, no interior, no airbags, plastic windows etc.

Both cars at the race on Sunday went 11.2x
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
Old 07-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #73
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
anybody other than me and steve see the commercial during the race sunday night for the new drag race package car? mmmmmm
what!!!! It'll only be in the 30k range?! Oh yeaaaaaaa
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #74
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
what!!!! It'll only be in the 30k range?! Oh yeaaaaaaa
alright, so you can buy the race car for you, and the street car for me.... deal?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #75
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
alright, so you can buy the race car for you, and the street car for me.... deal?
Or you buy me the street car and the race car
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge