Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #51
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkEvil View Post
The problem with putting a stall in the TBSS is that I would like to retain towing ability. I would definitely see gains with a stall but it's not an apples to apples comparison to other LSX platforms with 9.5" converters to the tow rated stalls. Rotational mass is not improved by much since the converter would be close to the stock 12" size, and stall rpm and STR must be lower so the Trans does not cook.

Yank and circle d each make a non billet converter that they claim keeps stock towing capacity. Those are 278mm and 3k is the highest they go. I'm skeptical that this would net the et drop to justify the price and sweat of installing it. My truck is AWD so install is going to be twice the pain in the ass.

The yank pro converters or vigilante multidisc are built to 258mm. I suspect I could get away with towing here and there on a 3200 even though they aren't advertised for it. Downside with these is twice the cost and risk.
Circle-D offers billet converters in 245mm, 258mm, and 265mm single and multi disk. I have their 258mm single disk. Your truck is 1000lbs. heavier than my car but I'm willing to bet the 265mm with a stall range of 2500-3500 would do you just fine. I'd call or email Chris at Circle-D and get his take on occasional towing. He was very helpful when I was selecting my converter.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #52
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Right now the vette is going nowhere fast. Started tearing into it last night to replace the shot balancer and saw that all the bushings bolts and rod ends are looking their age. There is also enough dirt stuck in the radiator and condenser that I could plant seeds and nourish a small plantation. It would be a niche market, but I foresee a profitable future in a trackside vette vegetable market. Let's be real, those corvette nut jobs with dead hands, stuffed animals, and 7 taillights would kill for a chevy grown eggplant. In summary, Tbss needs to retain towing if I am to pull this mobile gardening opportunity to the track.
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #53
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge