Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #51
LS1Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
So when Neon Deon would do his High step, hand on his helmet, holding the ball at the other team trying to catch him before he got into the endzone that is ok? Even to pull out a marker out of your socks and sign your name on a ball is ok because it was after the score? Grabbing popcorn and dumping it on your face is ok as well because it was after the score? Oh and after scoring running 50 yards to the star on mid field and through your hands up at the entire Dallas team and fans is ok also?
No, it's not OK. That's why I said before "I don't think it's necessary either." Jumping up and spiking the ball I can live with. But all the things you mention above and the stuff Jackson does shows no class and is disrespectful to the other team. The legendary Cleveland Browns head coach, Paul Brown, use to tell his players, "When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." When Jackson scores, he acts like a child getting his first TD every time.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #52
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Dude, no one said what Deon or T.O. did was OK. You're putting words in everyone's mouth. What those other ******** did is their business. The discussion is about Jackson, no one else.,
And My point is that they are HOFers and future HOFers.. If the NFL wanted to stop this crap then they would have. Nobody poped T.O. or Deon. If Jackson wants to do his stupid **** then so what. Let him do it. It will not effect the outcome of his career because the NFL doesnt care. Why would he change or stop being a arrogant fool? If he puts up 10 more years of 1200 yrs and 10 TD's then he will be in the HOF as well even with doing his stupid endzone and pre endzone ****. Hell the NFL appolgized to the Eagles for the penalty that the refs gave to Jackson for falling into the endzone against the Cowgirls. They said that it should be a penalty.

When it comes down to it I am glad that He is on our team and will deal with his **** because of his skill. I would hate to have to try to cover him as a reciever or a PR. Even if he was on another team it really wouldnt anger me that he does his stupid ****. I would still pick him on my fantasy team and wish he was on my NFL team.
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #53
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Hawk View Post
No, it's not OK. That's why I said before "I don't think it's necessary either." Jumping up and spiking the ball I can live with. But all the things you mention above and the stuff Jackson does shows no class and is disrespectful to the other team. The legendary Cleveland Browns head coach, Paul Brown, use to tell his players, "When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." When Jackson scores, he acts like a child getting his first TD every time.

So would you want Deon Sanders or T.O. on your team?

The game has changed. What would the Legendary coach Paul Brown think about the rules against hitting a QB or a defensless reciever? The NFL doesnt think its disrespectfull and the players dont. If they did there would have been alot of retalliation to T.O. and Deon back in the day from the other teams players and they would never have been in the HOF with players like Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-23-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #54
Frosty

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. You keep bringing up other players and how they're HOF'ers...what relevance does that have? What does that have to do with Jackson? He's a prick, period. Am I glad he's an Eagle? Absolutely. Would we, as Eagles fans, get pissed off if he did the Nestea plunge against us? You better believe it and if you say no you're lying to yourself.

I just don't understand the point you're making. It doesn't make it classy because other HOF players did it....it makes them classless too. However class doesn't get you into the HOF, stats do...which makes your point of justify his actions even more moot.

I don't really get up in arms about the celebrations. What Jackson does isn't too classy but it is what it is. Again, there's no sugar coating it, he's a prick. lol

(and what does picking him on your fantasy team have to do with this, dude, you're going way off in left field lol)
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 12-23-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #55
Slow-V6

Quote:
I don't understand the point you're trying to make. You keep bringing up other players and how they're HOF'ers...what relevance does that have? What does that have to do with Jackson? He's a prick, period. Am I glad he's an Eagle? Absolutely. Would we, as Eagles fans, get pissed off if he did the Nestea plunge against us? You better believe it and if you say no you're lying to yourself.

I just don't understand the point you're making. It doesn't make it classy because other HOF players did it....it makes them classless too. However class doesn't get you into the HOF, stats do...which makes your point of justify his actions even more moot.

I don't really get up in arms about the celebrations. What Jackson does isn't too classy but it is what it is. Again, there's no sugar coating it, he's a prick. lol

Everyone is getting on Jackson for what he does but no one mentioned the players in the past that did this before he was born.. Thats what my point is. The guy gives it 110% on just about every play and is not a distraction off the field and doesnt disrupt anything in the locker room. He is way underpaid but yet he still plays the game the way he always has. Does that make him a prick? I think that makes him a great roll model for kids to follow.

Yeah he would make me angry if he did that **** against the Eagles. Deon Sanders made me angry. The Giants D-Line made me angry back in 07 when the had those 12 sacks against us in 1 game and after each one they had to do a jump shot. But I would want them on my team in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-23-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #56
Frosty

Why would anyone bring up any of the players you named in this discussion? It's irrelevant, this discussion is about Jackson. You don't think T.O. and Sanders got a free pass back in the day do you? I can tell you they didn't, not one bit.

I hated, and still hate, Deon Sanders. I think he's a scumbag to the max(and that's where I'll stop because I don't want to get banned). Same with T.O. and all of the other flashy type players. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want them on the team(well not T.O., he's washed up lol). But again, most people think Jackson is a prick and they're dead on right.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 12-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #57
Slow-V6

Quote:
Why would anyone bring up any of the players you named in this discussion? It's irrelevant, this discussion is about Jackson. You don't think T.O. and Sanders got a free pass back in the day do you? I can tell you they didn't, not one bit.

But again, most people think Jackson is a prick and they're dead on right.
I use to think they were hated until the Cowboys picked up T.O. I thought to myself how could you want this guy on your team after what he did?

The only thing that I could see makes Jackson a prick is his celebrations. He seems to be hated by alot around the league. I am sure there are worse people in the NFL to hate and I am sure there are worse people on the Eagles to complain about then Jackson..

This discussion ( thread ) is about how the NYG suck and gave up 28 points in 8 mins of football.

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-23-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #58
LS1Hawk

Quote:
I use to think they were hated until the Cowboys picked up T.O. I thought to myself how could you want this guy on your team after what he did?
Because Jerry Jones is an idiot.

But I'm with Frosty. Deon, Owens, I never liked them. If they were on the Giants, it still would not make me like them. There is a difference between skill and being a complete douche bag. I'll take the skill any day. Unfortunately, nowadays in the NFL it seems great skill 90% of time comes with being a jackass.

Last edited by LS1Hawk; 12-23-2010 at 05:55 PM.
LS1Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #59
NastyEllEssWon

so enjoying the game and having fun is being seen as an arrogant prick??? really??? would you rather him go out there, do what he does and then go sit on the bench. its all about momentum and getting the crowd into it. let me see you not be excited after scoring a 90 yard td pass when 80 of them were after the catch burning 6 defenders in the wake.

but its all well and good when other players around the league have their fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mvTG...eature=related
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #60
NjbadSS

Attention all eagles fans, how about you win a championship and thennn you can talk ****
Old 12-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #61
Frosty

Still bitter that the Giants choked? I'd be too.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #62
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjbadSS View Post
Attention all eagles fans, how about you win a championship and thennn you can talk ****

we've won championships...nfl championships, nfc championships. we havent won a superbowl, but we've won nfl championships before it was called a superbowl
Old 12-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #63
Mike
BadMod

before anyone on here arguing was even alive.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #64
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
before anyone on here arguing was even alive.....

doesnt matter...a championship is a championship is a championship. i have to listen to yankees fans toss around their twenty some championships when only like 4 or 5 were won in the last 20 years. history is history.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #65
Slow-V6

So when the Eagles win a superbowl you Giants fans are going to say talk **** when you have won more then 1 superbowl.. Just likethe The NY Yankee fans say..

When the Giants won the Superbowl back in 2007 that was a great Defense on your team. Your Giants rose the bar for football in NYC and since have not done crap. The Jets have sota taken over in the Lime light.. Yourabout to loose your Coach who got you your superbowl win, You lost your best reciever who is in Jail ( something us Eagles fans know alot about) and you lost your best Dline man and LB
to age. Ever since then the Giants have been a flop. History is great but that is just what it is. History. The Eagles are in the Playoffs pretty much every season and give the city hope every year. Its hard to have hope in NYC about your Giants when they can give up 28 points in a 7 min period.I want them to win a Superbowl but I would not trade the last 12 years for anything.

I know what its like to have a team to goto the World Series and then not make it to the playoff for 14 yrs then loose in the 1st round. It freaking sucks.. I also know what it is like to have a team towin it all then the next year go back to the WS and the year after go back to the Championship series..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjbadSS View Post
You Giants fans can talk **** when you start protecting a 21 point lead with 8 mins left and not loose the game...

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-26-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #66
Mike
BadMod

it was fun when this was good natured banter, but it seems like everyones panties are getting into a bunch... turn it around quickly or the thread is getting locked up faster than the eagles decision to not put their speed built team out there in the snow today....

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #67
Frosty

Yeah really, this was all supposed to be in good fun.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #68
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
it was fun when this was good natured banter, but it seems like everyones panties are getting into a bunch... turn it around quickly or the thread is getting locked up faster than the eagles decision to not put their speed built team out there in the snow today....
its the NFL's decision, not the Eagles ...

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #69
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtrend1 View Post
its the NFL's decision, not the Eagles ...
the nfl let minnesota, buffalo, new england, chicago, green bay etc. all play in the snow...

Quote:
Old 12-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #70
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
the nfl let minnesota, buffalo, new england, chicago, green bay etc. all play in the snow...
yea i know. I dunno if it was maybe the cities persuasion to keep poeple off the roads or something

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #71
NastyEllEssWon

state of emergency. its a blizzard in philly
Old 12-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #72
Slow-V6

Its not looking good for the Giants so far.. Down by 14 and Eli with his 21st INT..
Old 12-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #73
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
History is great but that is just what it is. History. The Eagles are in the Playoffs pretty much every season and give the city hope every year.
You obviously don't understand what it means to be a fan. Being a fan is witnessing the championships no matter what sport. I've watched the Giants win 3 SuperBowls. I expect them to have bad seasons and that's what leads to rebuilding for the next championship. The Eagles don't know how to do it, history shows that. And last week's game is history so you really need to learn how to decide which side of an argument you're going to take. You say the past is history, but you keep latching onto it. Heck, the Eagles haven't even reached Buffalo Bills status yet so you need to let all your past "winning" seasons go and hope your team figures out how to win a championship. The Phils did, the Sixers did, the Flyers did and I witnessed them.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #74
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
You obviously don't understand what it means to be a fan. Being a fan is witnessing the championships no matter what sport. I've watched the Giants win 3 SuperBowls. I expect them to have bad seasons and that's what leads to rebuilding for the next championship. The Eagles don't know how to do it, history shows that. And last week's game is history so you really need to learn how to decide which side of an argument you're going to take. You say the past is history, but you keep latching onto it. Heck, the Eagles haven't even reached Buffalo Bills status yet so you need to let all your past "winning" seasons go and hope your team figures out how to win a championship. The Phils did, the Sixers did, the Flyers did and I witnessed them.

Oh I understand what it means to be a fan..

When you are in the Military stationed overseas and the only NFL Football you get to watch are the NFC championship game, AFC Championship game, and Superbowl then you will understand my point of view as well. I got to see my Eagles play in 4 NFC Championship games and 1 superbowl all while being stationed on Aircraft Carriers in the middle of the Persian Gulf and Atlantic Oceans. They gave me a sense of being home for the 4hrs each game was and I was just happy to watch them. Was I upset that they didnt win? Of course. But to watch 3 NFC championship games in a row in a shop on the boat with my fellow Shipmates who were NYG, CHI and other teams and they were not able to watch a single game of there teams season all year was special to me and the other Eagles fans out there. I dont care if they are not Bill status or that they havent won a Superbowl. What I care and remember about those games was how it felt like I was back home instead of in the 120 degree Gulf.

And the Flyers won there Cups in the 1st decade of their existence. Since then they havent won a cup.. I havent witnessed a Cup winning Flyers team, I was to young to witness a Sixers Championship team as well.

Back on the topic of this thread after watching the horrible performance of the Giants tonight does everyone think its The coachs fault? I mean Eli threw almost 5 pics today, There recievers were dropping alot of balls, Both your RB's had bad fumbles, and your punter still sucks.. Did the Giants defense even have a sack today? The Giants played good in the 1st half but the 2nd half they looked like a totally different team. They are going to have a hard time in DC next week with the Skins beating the Jags today in Jacksonville.

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-26-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #75
Frosty

The game was postponed due to fan safety precautions. There have been a ton of accidents in the area. It was the NFL's call on this one.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge