Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #51
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamantia View Post
This thread is not about the rangers, this thread is about the devils and how they will not make the playoffs.
my wife loves the flyers now, and I'm excited for the playoffs coming up. Im so buying tickets so she can see flyers fans in full form.

And it's quit funny about the devils. This summer I went to a BBQ for my wifes co worker, and I'm friend with al lof them and thier husbands, but they are all devils fans. They did nothing but bash me, and how this trade and that trade, sealed the deal for the stanley cup this year I haven't heard much from them lately, especially after the game we went to where the devils got beat by the flyers lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #52
alamantia

Philly is having a great season, Mike Richards is one of my favorite players, they will do well again in the post season.
alamantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #53
BurninrubberGT

Quote:
This thread is not about the rangers, this thread is about the devils and how they will not make the playoffs.
ok I'l make a "how come I havent seen any NY Rangers threads lately?" when they dont make it
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #54
Untamed

I haven't been on NJFBOA in a while, but coming back I can't help but see this thread and feel the need to defend.

I believe the Devils can make it into the playoffs this year. Despite the problems experienced, and the trades completed, I believe Lemare can treat these players like the overpaid 6 year olds that they are. For any of you who are parents, you know that kids need constant supervision - and if you don't get stern with them, and make sure they are doing what they are supposed to, they won't. The moment you leave the room, they go back to goofing off.

The coaching change prooves the players need to be treated like kids.

Another benefit was returning players to the lineup who were injured. Rolston and Greene are huge on this team. Once they got healthy, and Lemare came back, the team began winning. They are far from the team they used to be however.

Sometimes a violent shakeup is needed. Langenbruner got his come-to-Jesus moment and he was traded. Kovalchuck got his pounding in the media for his lack of performance after the media circus that was his contract signing over the summer. All kinds of things were very uncharacteristic for this winning team.

Now... they are climbing over the bodies to get to within sight of the playoffs. Some of those bodies are their own players and coaches.

This is not a "rebuilding" year, nor are they "playing for pride" at this point. The Devils know they got caught being lazy and need to redouble their efforts.

Now they are winning.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #55
BurninrubberGT

we are the hottest team in the league right now and thats without parise

rangers are gonna get rocked tonight
Old 02-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #56
WayFast84

The rangers are almost too bad to watch... Even there strongest performances make me mad and I'm not even a fan. It's like why do they still dump and chase on the power play when it never works? At least try to change it up maybe make a drop pass just do something... oh well It was your typical devil ranger game where a #30 had to stand on his head...
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #57
88WS-6

I saw the Rangers/Kings game the other night. That was a good, tough game and it showed its effects on the Rangers last night against the Devils. A win is a win and I'll take it. Go Devils!

~Matt

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
- Henry F*rd
88WS-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #58
alamantia

Both teams played well but the devils played better out shooting ny. Watching 45min of trap still kills me. I cant enjoy watching a professional team utalize a system that mocks the game I love. I think its ironic that the flying frenchman who played on one of the most prolific scoring lines ever has to revert to the trap to win games. What ever works for ya I suppose, its still stupid to watch. Nj is putting together a hell of a push to make it in the show but with carolina and buffalo playing well Im afraid its too little too late.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #59
Frosty

I said the Rangers would make the playoffs....I'm starting to get worried that I might be wrong, lol.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #60
alamantia

Maybe it will come down to the last game of the season vs the devils and the winner of that game will determine which of the two teams enter the playoffs and they will skate to a 1-1 tie in that game and the rangers will lose in the shoot out sending them to the golf course while the devils make it into the playoffs and subsuquently to the stanley cup finals.... nahhh, thats too far fetched, something like that would never happen...
Old 02-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #61
88WS-6

Hahaha. They are making a good push, but I can easily see them losing the first round anyway even after all that work.

Watching them the first half of the season with MacLean coaching was awful. It was almost as bad as watching MacLean when he was a Ranger.

~Matt

- Henry F*rd
Old 02-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #62
Frosty

Quote:
Maybe it will come down to the last game of the season vs the devils and the winner of that game will determine which of the two teams enter the playoffs and they will skate to a 1-1 tie in that game and the rangers will lose in the shoot out sending them to the golf course while the devils make it into the playoffs and subsuquently to the stanley cup finals.... nahhh, thats too far fetched, something like that would never happen...
Sounds strangely familiar.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 02-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #63
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Sounds like a potential plotline for Mighty Ducks 4.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #64
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
Sounds like a potential plotline for Mighty Ducks 4.

- Justin
...or what happened to the Rangers last year.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #65
BurninrubberGT

if the devils win their next 2 games, they will be 6 points out of 8th and 8 points out of 7th

its on, 17-6 record the rest of the way gets them 88 points, should be around enough points
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #66
Frosty

Yeah they're on a roll right now.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #67
88WS-6

Another 1-0 win for the devils. Rangers won but let the canes take a point out of it.

- Henry F*rd
Old 02-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #68
Untamed

Here's where I dare to hope. Not hope for the playoffs - I truly believe they will slip in.

I dare to hope they make it to the show. Why? Because of history.

The last few years they did very well in the regular season, then hit the end of the year, have a huge skid of a few losses straight, and enter the playoffs and fall flat.

This year I feel like its an avalanche thats slow to start but will rumble at full speed right before the end. All they needed was a small explosion to get the avalanche moving.

I'm no longer worried about the playoffs - I now look at the Cup and begin to believe....

I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

Last edited by Untamed; 02-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #69
Frosty

You're thinking about the cup when they're not even in a playoff spot? Holy hell, there must be something in the water out your way.

They're playing some great hockey right now but they're 13th in the Conference

Last edited by Frosty; 02-25-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #70
Untamed

Because... I believe.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #71
Frosty

OK Morpheus lol. Unfortunately for you the Devils took the blue pill.

Last edited by Frosty; 02-25-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #72
BurninrubberGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
You're thinking about the cup when they're not even in a playoff spot? Holy hell, there must be something in the water out your way.

They're playing some great hockey right now but they're 13th in the Conference
and? they are on pace to be in the playoffs, like he said, once your in its a whole new season. + they will have parise back.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #73
Frosty

Until they're in a playoff spot thinking cup is absolutely ridiculous. They're 13th. They still have to go on insane tear to get in. I know they're playing some unbelievable hockey right now but are they going to keep it up? If they cool down they're toast. If they slip up at all they're toast.

I know the playoffs are a completely different story(remember, I'm a Flyers fan, we know lol)...but the Devils still have a lot of work ahead of them just to get in.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #74
Slow-V6

If they slip in as a number 8 seed and the Flyers are a number 1 seed it will be very interesting..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #75
Frosty

No doubt. I just don't think they'll get in. I wouldn't want to see them play the Flyers in the first round, even if the Flyers have matched up well against them in years past.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge