Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #151
BonzoHansen
Admin.

What the hell are you guys talking about with not enough distractions? Holy crap there are enough out there now w/o texting, cellphones and 3 other high schoolers in the car. To even insinuate that they will be worse off a few years from now because they were not allowed even more distractions is asinine.

"That's what happens when someone young dies, people are quick to pass these reactionary laws....it's happening everywhere... "

Getting past calling it 'Kyleigh's Law', the stats show it is far from knee-jerk. They passed the 1st laws a few years ago, and it proved to be not enough (although IMOP that is because they were secondary offenses). So now more. Hopefully it helps a bit and then the next time an old guy plows into a store front they can begin to tackle the elderly drivers, even though the AARP will call that knee-jerk too. Although stats again prove otherwise.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #152
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Going strictly off stats is a weak arguement, I mean look at our prison systems, remind me again of their effectivlness?

While its good to see things being done to help the situation, why didn't the laws get enforced to begin with?

Just off of personal experiance, my parents refused to let me drive after 11pm, I fail to see why more parents can't step up and do something to keep their kids out of a casket.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #153
BonzoHansen
Admin.

In this case stats are very elightening. Don't muck up the converstaion with unrelated ancedotes.

What part of secondary offense is hard to understand? A cop coud sit outside a highschool and watch car loads of kids pull away and not pull them over.

Most parents don't do that.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #154
LTb1ow

Fine, no more random anecdotes.

I thought they changed it to a primary offense?
I just fail to see how a sticker on a car will make young kids drive better, thats the problem at hand. Giving more tools to law enforcement will not make me drive better... Dunno how they figure that stuff out...
Old 04-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #155
Frosty

It's easier to create another law instead of fixing the actual problem...like I said a few pages ago the "driving test"(and I use that term weakly) is a joke...at least it was back in 98 when I got my license(I was 18).

Maybe DMV should change the way it tests drivers...just a thought...it certainly wouldn't hurt. It'd help to weed out the bad drivers from the very beginning, at least in theory it would.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 04-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #156
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
In this case stats are very elightening. Don't muck up the converstaion with unrelated ancedotes.

What part of secondary offense is hard to understand? A cop coud sit outside a highschool and watch car loads of kids pull away and not pull them over.

Most parents don't do that.
And this is why I brought up the fact that a cop sits outside of my high school. I HAVE seen local cops pull over cars with more than 1 person in them just for that reason.

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #157
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
It's easier to create another law instead of fixing the actual problem...like I said a few pages ago the "driving test"(and I use that term weakly) is a joke...at least it was back in 98 when I got my license(I was 18).

Maybe DMV should change the way it tests drivers...just a thought...it certainly wouldn't hurt. It'd help to weed out the bad drivers from the very beginning, at least in theory it would.
Ha, my ex failed her test the first time.

But yea, tougher, longer tests would be good. When I went through it, it was like no matter how stupid you were the state gave you a lisense. Make it hard to pass and don't give in to people that don't pass.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #158
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Sticker is stupid, I think there is agreement on that.

Frosty I agree the driving test is near-useless. I'd be all for making is much harder, I'm just not sure how to pay for it.

Until now the P/L laws were secondary. I believe they are now primary. If they pulled kids over strictly for p/l rules (and not some other reason, speeding, belts, etc) when it was secondary than that was wrong. Although that is what they should be able to do.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #159
LTb1ow

Well do kids under 18, REALLY need to drive? I mean yea, look at you driving to school, so cool. But a def needed thing?

Why don't they raise the driving age to like 20?

Vinnie, well, sorry, but sucks for you. lol
Old 04-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #160
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

how about sticking a person going for a license in a car in a controlled environment and wrecking it. that should help

i believe they are all primary offenses now too.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #161
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
how about sticking a person going for a license in a car in a controlled environment and wrecking it. that should help

i believe they are all primary offenses now too.
IDK, I laughed at the "horror" vids they showed us before prom and what.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #162
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

what changes from 17 to 20? most young kids have jobs they are driving to. maybe they should be limited to a certain type of vehicle with hp/weight that is easily manageable by new drivers. basically stick them in go karts
Old 04-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #163
LTb1ow

Well the biggest difference would be older ish kids are not in high school and aside from sweet ass tough guy street racing, the main danger to their lives is removed. One young driver by himself is better than a car of them.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #164
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i agree that if you were driving alone, you would be more responsible.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #165
NJ346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Well do kids under 18, REALLY need to drive? I mean yea, look at you driving to school, so cool. But a def needed thing?

Why don't they raise the driving age to like 20?

Vinnie, well, sorry, but sucks for you. lol
haha. Well I do have a job and I had a job before I had my license, but it was tough to always find rides. Yes, people can argue it's a convenience and not a necessity, but to them, I say this:

03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Old 04-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #166
LTb1ow

Yea, but you are an exception, I did the same thing while in high school, took to many classes and had to be there an hour early, so driving was a needed thing. However that being said, maybe make it so drivers under 20 can drive between school hours only? Give or take an hour or so diffference.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #167
L695speed

Well the biggest problem is people need to learn how to drive at some point. I don't see how raising the driving age, to the point where people are working and going to college is going to help that. It might just make things worse. What we need is a system like Germany......one of the hardest tests in the world.

I failed mine first time because of the f***ing parallel parking, even though I was doing maneuvers that were much higher in difficulty in my own driveway. Threading through two or three cars and parking in front of the garage on a hill and turning is not easy. We never see parallel parking anymore other than in the cities so where is the value of that skill? I would put the test scores on actual driving and signals and etc more than the damn parallel parking part. I didn't hit anything when I did it and he claimed I crossed the double yellow line when I did it. There was no way I was going to not cross it. WTF. The guy was an a-hole anyway. End rant.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #168
L695speed

Quote:
However that being said, maybe make it so drivers under 20 can drive between school hours only? Give or take an hour or so diffference.
I don't see how that helps people improve their driving skills if the mantra is theres no substitute for experience. The more you drive the better you should get (in theory anyway).
Old 04-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #169
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Going strictly off stats is a weak arguement, I mean look at our prison systems, remind me again of their effectivlness?

While its good to see things being done to help the situation, why didn't the laws get enforced to begin with?

Just off of personal experiance, my parents refused to let me drive after 11pm, I fail to see why more parents can't step up and do something to keep their kids out of a casket.
what would you like to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #170
LTb1ow

LOL, I forgot the term for it, but the rate of prisoners that end up right back in prison after release.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #171
BonzoHansen
Admin.

..stay on topic...

Old 04-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #172
Mike
BadMod

recidivism

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #173
Dilley
Silly Mustang Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
i agree that if you were driving alone, you would be more responsible.
im going to have to disagree due to the fact that i know me and many of people will be much more wreck less alone then with other people because as messed up as it sounds we care less about our own lives then our friends so we drive more responsibly with others just my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
crank hp is like measuring your dick from behind your balls.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #174
LTb1ow

So like 90% of the teenage driver accidents would just happen to involve a car load full of teens at random?

Statistics are against you, me, and the rest of the mature(ish) young drivers.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #175
NJ346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley View Post
im going to have to disagree due to the fact that i know me and many of people will be much more wreck less alone then with other people because as messed up as it sounds we care less about our own lives then our friends so we drive more responsibly with others just my experience
i completly agree. i drive way more wreckless when im by myself

03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge