Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 06-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

New rear is in, just a question.

Yesterday the rear made its way under the car, and with some help from some buddies we got it all bolted in. Test drove it (babied the car during that time) and, dumped the fluids and refilled it and continued driving. I have no whining at all, the thing feels real solid. With those 3:73's all I can say is WOW! Major improvement and pulls a bit harder. The only probem is that my "Brake" light is on. Not the ABS, but the emergency brake light is staying on. It is not engauged, and all we did was disconnect it from where all three lines connect. I changed nothing, and reconnected them just as they came apart. If anyone has an idea on what to do, adjust or whatever please let me know. Thanks alot! Later

Jon
Old 06-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Anyone?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Few ideas:

1) Make sure all your brakes lights are working.

2) Check fuild level

3) Not that uncommon for the E-brake switch to go bad. Often worn brakes or streatched/mis adjusted cables can cause the E-brake handle to go so far up it brakes the switch. May want to pull the console and check/jump the switch and see if the light goes out.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline