Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
V
Stalker

8.8 94-98 Mustang rear axle assembly

I have 2 8.8 rear axle assemblies that are both incomplete but are enough to combine and make one complete one.

The first, is an 8.8 rear out of a 1998 mustang GT. The car spun out, and hit a curb. As a result, the one axle was sheared off right behind the backing plate. The backing plate and axle hub are gone. I have to confirm the gear set but I want to say its a 3.73 ratio or close to it. I will open up the cover in the next few days. The car did have 4channel abs so the axles have the ring at the ends. The remaining axle looks fine. No brake assemblies.

The other rear, also an 8.8, is basically an empty housing with one good abs axle left in it. I don't remember exactly where I got this rear from, but the idea was to use this housing and the center section and one axle from the previous rear to build a good new one.

Both rears have been sitting in my backyard for a while and there is some scale rust on one of the axle tubes of the empty housing. I'll get pics up soon. I do think there are 2-3 good abs sensors left. I know one of the 4 is bent from when the wheel went its own way.

My friend who had owned the '98 Mustang and spun out ultimately just bought a complete used rear axle assembly off ebay complete with suspension brakes etc, and I swapped that in for him instead of fixing something with these parts. I kinda remember that he had some type of work done previously to the rear as in the gears, the 3.73 or similar. That was at least 18 years ago.

Now that I'm cleaning everything out that I can, these parts can finally go.

For the whole lot, I'm asking $200.

For an empty 8.8" housing, $50
Each axle $50
Just center diff section $100

Also have as mid-early 90s Honda fwd auto transmission.... I never owned or worked on a honda transmission, so its kinda confusing why its here....

I'll get more and better pics up soon.
Axle with black rear cover is the one with the broken axle
Axle with the silver rear cover is the empty one.
(The third rear in the pic on the right is a 4th gen camaro 10 bolt and not included in this sale)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201005_151035.jpg (98.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by V; 10-17-2020 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts